St Mary's State's Attorney Race

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jetmonkey
I wish I had a nickel for everytime somebody posted the words 'it's time for change' in the politics forum!
You'd be wrapping coins forever!

blueeyes76

i wish i had one for all of the "good ole boy" references!! what do you people expect? it doesn't matter who you put in any political position, there will ALWAYS be corruption.

chuckster, i'd love to know who you are, you seem to know an awful lot about the people and happenings in this county.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Cecil's web site looks like an electronic political newspaper ad. It takes up space, but doesn't say very much.

Cecil should take a position on the SAO's Bad Check program if he wants the business community to consider his candidacy. Fritz is committed to it just as Dorsey was. What's Cecil position? We're one of the only counties in Maryland (if not -the- only one) with a dedicated program to collect bad checks. Saves business people tons of time and money, and the bad-check writers pay for the program.

Cecil doesn't take any positions on his web site there. He lists "important issues" but doesn't give a clue as to how he would do -ANY- of that stuff. It's all of this happy, cliche' crap. Big deal. Tell me something, and take a stand! How do you get integrity in law enforcement? How do you maintain quality of life and educate children, etc? Pro-active instead of reactive - great but how do you bring communication and cooperation between the agencies. Community prosecution and Adopt a School - great - how does that work and how do you fund it? What programs do you cut to create those programs? Protect the environment through prosecution. Great - how? Or is this just a way to harrass the business community?

All of this stuff is wonderful. Makes me feel good to think about. How do you do it? What's good currently, and what's bad currently, and what do you (Cecil) do to change and improve that?

I've heard Cecil's a nice guy, but that won't get you elected. Does a nice guy make a good SA? Or do we need a b@ll buster? No one would ever say Fritz doesn't have giant ones...

Cecil's web page and candidacy leaves me with tons of questions, and the biggest one is "why would I vote for this guy?" Fortunately, he has about 8 weeks to better position himself and prove he wants the job.

Last edited:

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
For starters, the only people who think we need to get rid of the good old boy system are those who are not part of it. Fact is, I think the good old boy system is great for those of us who were born and raised here in St. Mary's County. And it's not really a system, it's just people who know each other looking out for one another and scratching each other's back. Wouldn't you as a county citizen much rather have someone you know and are familiar with in office than one that you don't know? That's what it comes down to for most voters.

Having said that, I know crime is down under Fritz. I know Fritz does look out for local people, watermen, et cetera, when he's able to.

Now, if Cecil were elected and you knew him and you needed a favor, would it be any different? I think not. Then you would be part of your own good old boy system, huh.

Think about those things, and try to find something other than some old trumped up rape charge or buying up newspapers and "it's time for a change" as reasons to vote for Cecil. My vote is with Fritz.