Indoor Waterpark

buddscreekman

Anyone know where there is a good one that allows day passes - not staying overnight? I'd like to take the kids on Monday and we've already been to Massanutten and Great Wolf!

sm8

Anyone know where there is a good one that allows day passes - not staying overnight? I'd like to take the kids on Monday and we've already been to Massanutten and Great Wolf!

Not really an indoor water park but just throwing this out any way for someone who may just want to go swimming. There is an indoor pool in Calvert county across from the hospital. There is a kiddie pool with a couple little slides and sprayers and one slide that is a bit bigger. There is also a larger pool for swimming and a second half with lanes set up in it and there is a handicapped pool and a hot tub for adults. You pay by the day or you can get a season pass. I really liked it when I took the kids and it is close enough to do an afternoon.

Aquatic Facilities

buddscreekman

I've considered that place,only thing holding me back was I've heard several times that the water is cold there. Great Mills pool is pretty close to us but it is consistently freezing.

sm8

I've considered that place,only thing holding me back was I've heard several times that the water is cold there. Great Mills pool is pretty close to us but it is consistently freezing.

It was definitely not cold when I went there but it was also the summer time. My only thing was it felt kind of muggy but I guess that was because all of the water and being closed in.

buddscreekman

It was definitely not cold when I went there but it was also the summer time. My only thing was it felt kind of muggy but I guess that was because all of the water and being closed in.

I'd venture that was BECAUSE it was summertime. They would have to intentionally pump in cold water to keep it cold during that time.