Different birds

I saw a flock of about 10 birds flying North over Wildwood just now. Never saw anything close to this type before. The formation and the way they flew reminded me of pelicans, but they had very pointed wing tips. Dark, with maybe a flash of white under the wing. Never got to see the heads because they were heading away. Sturdy bodies, broad wings. They were fast and took about two flaps and glided. Don't remember anything about the tail. Ideas?

royhobie

hobieflyer
I saw a flock of about 10 birds flying North over Wildwood just now. Never saw anything close to this type before. The formation and the way they flew reminded me of pelicans, but they had very pointed wing tips. Dark, with maybe a flash of white under the wing. Never got to see the heads because they were heading away. Sturdy bodies, broad wings. They were fast and took about two flaps and glided. Don't remember anything about the tail. Ideas?

I haven't seen the snow birds we typically have by this of year. Perhaps your observation has something to do with it due to a warm winter so far.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
It is the northern torpedo bird....they dive-bomb you, your car, boat etc and drop poo bombs.....:jameo:
Releated to the puffin that sometimes passes thru the area....:buddies: