Horseback Riding Lessons?????

christy20657

Does anyone know of any place in the Lusby or St Mary's county area that offers horseback riding lessons? My daughter (age 10 almost) is currently taking lessons and we were looking for a place closer to home.

Thanks!

christy20657

English...she currently rides in Prince Frederick, and I love it there! Its just an issue of it being during the week and by the time we get home from lessons it is after 9pm. I am going to ask the current teacher to put her on the waiting list for Saturday but I think if we could find something closer to home, there would be a possibility of maybe picking up more than one class per week in the future. If we are able to afford it that is!!!!

Thanks!!!

christy20657

I spoke with Bobby tonight from A Moment in Time. He was very nice! Said they have multiple instructers, where we go now, there is only one. Also has Saturday classess available and says that the kids are all in a class with their same level. Where we are now, my daughter has been riding for a little less than a year and is in the same class w/ about 6 or 7 other kids who have been riding for years!

I think this will work out quite nicely. My only concern now is my daughters emotional attachment to the horses and to the teacher at the other class. I told her after she saw this place, and met the people, it would be up to her to decide where she wants to go. I may check out the other places suggested just to get a feel for them all.

Thank you for all your help!!!!

christy20657

Hey Shelley, I mentioned to Bobby when I met him in person that you recommended me. This farm is AWESOME! We are so in love with it already! Bobby agrees that my daughter should be much further along after taking lessons for so long. But being stuck in a class where she is the only beginner and the others have been riding for years, left her sitting and watching them doing things that she did not know how to do yet. Not to mention, about 6-8 kids per class and one instructor was a little much.

Just for them to "test my daughter out" and see what she knew, she did more riding at A moment in time in one day than she did at the other place for an entire year! He said she is probably going to have to start back with the basics and he does not have a class but is going to try and find another child to put her with. If not he said that he will give her private lesson. Either way, she starts this saturday.

Thanks again for the recommendation!!!!
:clap:

arabianpony

Originally posted by appyday
:huggy: thats great!! Keep in touch..if you see someone looking out of place at a show at Bobbys..I stick out like s sore thumb...say hi to me...

Now why would you think you stick out like a sore thumb?!
Hey, I would love to hear about any shows going on locally. I always seem to hear about them after the fact.

Is anyone going to the trail ride this coming weekend at Oak Ridge? I think it is this weekend.

Princess_1980

Regarding to riding lessions

I was wondering I'm wanting to take riding lessions as well. May I please use you Shelley for a refresses(sorry bad spelling). When I call these numbers?
Susan
p.s. I'm 23 years single living at home here in Southern Maryland, and I've been riding for years but I want more expersince in riding.

Princess_1980

Hey

Shelly- Hey, how hard would it be if I can talk you into getting on msn instant messenger? I was also wondering if there's an easier way we can talk? By the way what's your stats? I'm 23 years old female. I live at home and I babysit my sister's daughter who's 3 years old. I will soon be babysitting my newphew when he turn 8 months old. But right now he's currently at another babysitter/daycare center. What kind of horses do you have, and What style do you ride?
Susan