If you have a son named "Jamal"

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
So when I sit at my desk at work, I don't always know my cell phone has rung or I've missed a call until I go outside or to another building. Then I'll see a voice mail - but won't always see the missed call or number. It has to do with the reception in my building. Anyway, I've been getting repeat phone calls lately about "my son Jamal" from "his school". Now, as far as I know I don't have a son Jamal and I'd let "his school" know if only they'd give me 1) a complete name of his school and / or 2) his complete name or 3) leave me their phone number.

If anybody has a son named Jamal, you need to open a can of whoop arse on him, and check what phone number the school has on record, because it may be the wrong one.

If you are with "Jamal's school" you need to learn how to leave complete messages.

And Jamal, you need to straighten up. How you going to be president acting like this?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
See you’re a better person then me. I've spent an entire day before texting back and forth with someone who had the wrong number. Just think of the fun you could have with this.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
See you’re a better person then me. I've spent an entire day before texting back and forth with someone who had the wrong number. Just think of the fun you could have with this.

I have done this. :lmao:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

As I mentioned, the number isn't even showing up on my cell and the phone call goes directly to voice mail. :ohwell:

sm8

Maybe if your phone will not work inside your office any way you could find a place to lock it in your car like maybe under a seat, then you can get the number. I had to do this before but I was getting calls everyday 5 or 6 of them for the wrong person. The right number was just one away.

psc93

So when I sit at my desk at work, I don't always know my cell phone has rung or I've missed a call until I go outside or to another building. Then I'll see a voice mail - but won't always see the missed call or number. It has to do with the reception in my building. Anyway, I've been getting repeat phone calls lately about "my son Jamal" from "his school". Now, as far as I know I don't have a son Jamal and I'd let "his school" know if only they'd give me 1) a complete name of his school and / or 2) his complete name or 3) leave me their phone number.

If anybody has a son named Jamal, you need to open a can of whoop arse on him, and check what phone number the school has on record, because it may be the wrong one.

If you are with "Jamal's school" you need to learn how to leave complete messages.

And Jamal, you need to straighten up. How you going to be president acting like this?

This happened to me when I switched to Verizon from AT&T a few years ago and got a new phone number. Someone from one of the elementary schools kept calling me to come get my kid because he was sick. I explained that they had the wrong number, but they wouldn't take my number out of their system because it was the only contact number for the child's parent(s). The same lady called me at least once a month for the next two years. The really sad thing was, she seemed genuinely surprised each time we spoke that the number had changed hands. You would think that at some point someone would have made a note, or sent a letter home with the kid asking for new contact info or something.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
:worthless

I'll supply my cell # to K_Jo and Pixie if they are willing to send... :whistle:

:lol: :lmao: :killingme

You missed the "show" this morning. After the staff meeting I returned to my office, one of my co-workers pops his head in and tells me that I'm having a wardrobe malfunction. Crap if the zipper up the side of my shirt hadn't popped..... Luckily I was able to fix it before anyone else got a show.....

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Maybe if your phone will not work inside your office any way you could find a place to lock it in your car like maybe under a seat, then you can get the number. I had to do this before but I was getting calls everyday 5 or 6 of them for the wrong person. The right number was just one away.

You know I honestly didn't think of this. Simple solution. Thanks.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
You missed the "show" this morning. After the staff meeting I returned to my office, one of my co-workers pops his head in and tells me that I'm having a wardrobe malfunction. Crap if the zipper up the side of my shirt hadn't popped..... Luckily I was able to fix it before anyone else got a show.....

Did you use your Birchbox "peep show stoppers"? I think I'm going to keep mine in my desk.