Running With Scissors

Christy

b*tch rocket
The below review about sums it up. :lol:

"Shocking, sarcastic, humorous but never dull, the memoir has an effect similar to watching a car accident. You know you shouldn't gawk, but you simply can't turn away from the carnage.”
-Boston Herald

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by cariblue
I was looking at it. Guess I'll have to buy it now. :ohwell:

YOU would LOVE it! It's right up your alley. :lol: It's just so warped. It's been a very long time since I've laughed out loud reading a book. My favorite chapter so far is "Here Kitty Kitty". :shocking:

K

Kizzy

I've read about 1/3 of the book and it is very good. I use to finish a book in a few nights, now it takes months to read a book. :razz:

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Christy
YOU would LOVE it! It's right up your alley. :lol: It's just so warped. It's been a very long time since I've laughed out loud reading a book. My favorite chapter so far is "Here Kitty Kitty". :shocking:

:killingme

Christy

b*tch rocket
Okay, now I'm a bit obsessed with this guy and trying to find all of the essays and interviews from/of him. This is a pretty good interview, here's a bit on what he had to say about cannibalism and Jeffrey Dahmer. :shocking:

"Oh, I didn't live in Milwaukee in the 1990s, but I so would have been Jeffrey Dahmer's boyfriend if I had," he says, instantly enthralled by the thought. "I'd be like, 'Hi, what's your name? Jeffrey? Hey, I'm Augusten. I like your hair.'

"But that said, if Jeffrey Dahmer ever picked me up it would have been his head in the freezer. Guarantee you of that. That's the one thing growing up the way I did, I did not come out of it a victim. And I'm clever. I would have outsmarted him, I know I would have. It's inconceivable to me that I would have ended up roasted."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/w...ode=&contentId=A19023-2002Jul29&notFound=true

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Christy, you still got this book layin' around? I need something to read next week while I'm in FL toastin' my buns.

Christy

b*tch rocket
elaine said:
Christy, you still got this book layin' around? I need something to read next week while I'm in FL toastin' my buns.
No, :tantrum Loaned it to a friend and it was never returned. :tantrum But you can pick it up at Target. :shrug:

K

Kizzy

I have it and it is just sitting on a shelf collecting dust, you can borrow mine Elaine than to RR.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Kizzy said:
I have it and it is just sitting on a shelf collecting dust, you can borrow mine Elaine than to RR.

We need to hook up Saturday or Sunday. I'm flying out Monday a.m.

Christy

b*tch rocket
elaine said:
I have a really hard time sticking to a book unless I'm on vacation. :ohwell:
It's a quick read. I'm reading his new one, but it's not nearly as good as Running with Scissors.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Christy said:
It's a quick read. I'm reading his new one, but it's not nearly as good as Running with Scissors.

Can I finish it in 6-8 hours? I may need to take two books.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Oooohhhhh... I bought it some time ago and have yet to start it.

Funny thing is, I JUST said today to a friend that I really wanted to get to reading it...And I would do so this week! So that I could then lend it to him for his flight home for Christmas....

What a co-ink-e-dink!

Thanks for the review!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My sister has it and said it is great, I get to borrow it when she is done with it. :biggrin: