Someone call social services

tater

:lmao:

High? No
Hopped up on bennies, yes :cool:

I remember how POed I was when I begged my Mom to get me a dirt bike when I was a kid and she wouldn't. I was furious and I told her that because of that, I was going to quit skool, start doing drugs, and be a dumbazz no load redneck.
I showed her :wink:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Christy...

...does he understand how expensive it is?

Maybe a good time for him to step up and take on paying chores, cut grass and stuff for the neighbors, and earn the cash?

Damn, I want one! Gotta have the cam!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Oh Mommy, please, please, please! I will do anything you want, anything. I'll clean my room, clean your room, clean the pool, clean the girls room, I'll clean up after the pigs. I'll get straight A's on my report card. I promise Mommy, please, please, please! Come on Mommy, please!

I want one too.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Re: Christy...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...does he understand how expensive it is?

Maybe a good time for him to step up and take on paying chores, cut grass and stuff for the neighbors, and earn the cash?

If it weren't so expensive he wouldn't want it. I sure hope he marries a Heinz someday. It's the only way he'll be able to support his high dollar lifestyle. :lol:

Oh, he's already got it planned out and done the math, figures if he can make $20 a week he'll be able to buy it within the year. I've indulged his flights of fancy before. I made the comment one year at the Renn Fest when he was whining for some very expensive leather armor. I told him he could get whatever he wanted the next year with his own money. He saved every penny and went to the Renn Fest with close to $400 in cash that he spent on all that crap. He still has it believe it or not.

HOWEVER, this contraption isn't nearly as durable as leather, and I just can't see spending that much money on something like that. Heck, I'd rather him buy a dirtbike!

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by Nickel
Seriously though, that is a little much for an airplane. My little one is still at the stage where he's happy with a flashlight and a long piece of scotch tape. I'm savoring these moments...

Oh you wait, your times a comin! :wink: :lol:

Christy

b*tch rocket
I really do wish I had video of his reaction when I flat out said now way jose. :lol: He said "Well mother, thank you very much for ruining my life and crushing my dreams, I have absolutely nothing to look forward to in my life." Then lots of fist clenching and grrrs and guuuuhs. He's so dramatic. :lol: And yes, I'm the cruel mother than finds humor in his tragedy. :shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by Christy
"Well mother, thank you very much for ruining my life and crushing my dreams, I have absolutely nothing to look forward to in my life."

:killingme:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Larry Gude
I KNEW it! :lol: As soon as I read Christy's post and clicked the link, I was going to respond, "Don't worry, Christy - B can come over and play with ours as soon as Larry sees this thread."

:lol:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I don't see the problem with letting him buy it if he saves the money himself? :shrug:

Isn't that the whole point of making him earn an allowance? to learn the value of a dollar?

He'll also learn the concept of "delayed gratification" and how to save money...

If he's willing to work for it, what's the problem?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Thumb(s)...

...what'd Steve say?

I mean, damn...

. He saved every penny and went to the Renn Fest with close to $400 in cash that he spent on all that crap.

...how cool is that?

He made a plan, carried it out and enjoyed the fruits of his efforts.

All I was worried about is his sense of value. Seems to me he has a STRONG sense.

This kid'll own his own UAV plant some day!

GD. Congrats!!!