English Bulldogs!

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Anybody know much about them? A friend of mine is giving hers away and I'd love to have her for my chica. She says she's great with her kids, housebroken, etc. I was just wondering if any of you had any experiences with them - good/bad/indifferent?

spinner

They are pretty laid back, they snore and fart alot. Have to keep the folds on the face clean and dry, no big deal. I'd take it.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Ooooh take it while you can get it for free! There are always tons of folks round here looking for a bull dog and wanting to pay the big bucks for it. I have never heard anything bad about that breed.

rebeka

I looked into getting one about a year ago. Lots of medical concerns, skin problems mostly. The clincher for me was when I was shown how to 'flip up' the pooches face folds to clean. Pretty nasty, and not for those of us who prefer our doggie maintenance only once a week.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by appyday
I would probably take it...good luck

Sheesh, Appy...what animal would you turn down? :lmao:

I was quite depressed last night. I was watching Animal Planet, the New York Animal Cops. Some lady took in 8 cats and in a short time had 60 in an apartment. :yikes:

You think we have a problem??? :biggrin:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by appyday
I wonder how people sleep knowing their animals are in that shape...

I couldn't sleep last night and my animals are in great shape. Too great. One cat by my head...one cat at my feet..dog on bed, irritated because one cat was in his spot at the end of bed so he had to lay in a different spot..so he was growling at cat in his spot.. the little princess female cat was curled up RIGHT beside me. My son came home around 12. He stops by my room to check in and tells me I need to get more control over the aninamsl. :lmao:

Otter was in his favorite spot on the couch.:biggrin:

(all my pets have their "spots")

Leftrudder

Did your friend give you her bully? We rescued a bully several years ago. Loved her to no end, and it broke our heqrts when she passed away.

meme

The Smart Hooker
We had one growing up. He was pretty easy to take care of. All he did was just lay there on his "blankie" and drool. Compared to the freakin dog I have now...the Bulldog was PERFECT!

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Re: Did you take the dog?

Originally posted by nfielder33
Hey- I've been looking for a Bulldog for a LONG time but haven't been able to afford one. Can you PLEASE email me with your friend's info????? nfielder33@yahoo.com
THANKS!!!!!
Sorry, but they already gave the dog to somebody else. I live out of state, anyway. :ohwell: Have you tried Petfinder?

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: Re: Did you take the dog?

Originally posted by ememdee19
Sorry, but they already gave the dog to somebody else. I live out of state, anyway. :ohwell: Have you tried Petfinder?
The ones on pet finder are usually not full bred, which would be fine, but many of them, because of the way they have been raised, aren't good with kids or aren't good with pets. There's a rescue in FL called Bullies for Buddies or something and they put their dogs on there.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Re: Re: Re: Did you take the dog?

Originally posted by Ehesef
The ones on pet finder are usually not full bred, which would be fine, but many of them, because of the way they have been raised, aren't good with kids or aren't good with pets. There's a rescue in FL called Bullies for Buddies or something and they put their dogs on there.
I hear ya. Most of the dogs on Petfinder are of mixed breeds. If you're really interested in purchasing a full bred, I found a breeder in Solomons.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Re: Re: Re: Re: Did you take the dog?

I hear ya. Most of the dogs on Petfinder are of mixed breeds. If you're really interested in purchasing a full bred, I found a breeder in Solomons.
*note* The ad is old, but she may still be breeding. :shrug:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
When I was looking for a dog, I thought about going to her, but I have trouble paying $1200 for a dog when there are so many homeless ones that are just as loveable. I'll take a free one if someone wants to give me one though...:wink: j/k, four is enough...

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Anybody know much about them? A friend of mine is giving hers away and I'd love to have her for my chica. She says she's great with her kids, housebroken, etc. I was just wondering if any of you had any experiences with them - good/bad/indifferent?
Awww! I'd snatch that little guy up in a heart beat. They are too cute! I'm sure it would be a good lap/cuddle dog. :wink:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
I saw one at the dog park yesterday, had the cutest little bullseye tail! A big daddy's girl too. The things her dad was telling us about was that it was kinda gross to have to clean out all the folds of skin around her head and neck and mouth. She was prone to skin conditions too. Still cute as a button though.