Democrats Now Say They Never Said ‘War Against Wom

E

EmptyTimCup

:jerry:

Democrats Now Say They Never Said ‘War Against Women’?

If you went to bed oblivious of the news last night, there was a mini-bruhaha over a comment Hilary Rosen, the former head of the RIAA and a DNC Advisor, made to Anderson Cooper on AC360 last night. I was on AC360 with both Hilary and Paul Begala.

Hillary said that Ann Romney, a mother of five sons who has had breast cancer and MS, had “actually never worked a day in her life.” Ann Romney made her debut on twitter to take issue with the remark. The White House and Obama campaign were quick to distance themselves and say Hilary should offer an apology.

For what it’s worth, in context Hilary was talking about the workforce and recession and I don’t think she meant to insult stay at home moms or Mrs. Romney. On Twitter, Hilary explained she was taking issue with Mitt Romney using Ann Romney as his expert on women and Ann Romney did not work both a full time job and raise the five boys concurrently.

But more than that, I actually never even heard her make the remark originally because I was still dwelling on how Hilary had started her statement. Hilary said the Democrats had actually never used the phrase “War on Women,” and that it was a Republican invention. I turned on twitter and saw all the outrage and literally said out loud, “How’d I miss that?”

Saying the Democrats had never coined the “war on women” terminology threw me for a loop.

As the other statement about Mrs. Romney was being made, I was replaying in my mind where I’d heard the “war on women” rhetoric. Turns out the Democrats started it all the way back in February of 2011 and even Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Chair of the DNC and a congresswoman has gone all in with the rhetoric.

[follow link for multiple quotes from DWS and others]

IMHO - Hildabeast down not see being a stay at home mom, as important or fulfilling as HER life in politics

I'm sorry, but Rosen MEANT her comment.
Christine (Diary) Thursday, April 12th at 5:21AM EDT (link)

Don’t play that part off please, Erick. That was condescending and arrogant. Her tone was clear. If she “hadn’t meant to say it” she wouldn’t have gone on and on about all the things stay at home moms don’t understand.

She is one of those “feminists” who believes stay at home moms are second class citizens. I’m NOT a SAH mom and I was incredibly offended by it.