Hey Jazz

Kirsten

Saw on the way home Meadow Farms Nursery up on RTE 5 in the Leonardtown Food Lion parking lot has Forsythia on sale. Didn't stop but their sign had that posted. Thought I would let you know in case you were still looking.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Thanks. I might check them out tomorrow. :yay: I've been meaning to go there, but just never think about them.

I stopped at BJ's Friday night to see if they had any forsythia bushes left, but they were all gone. I did pick up some hosta, caladium, and coreopsis while I was there.

Kirsten

Jazz did you stop by and see what they had for Forsythia at all this weekend? Just curious. Hope if you didn't like them there that you find some soon!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kirsten
Jazz did you stop by and see what they had for Forsythia at all this weekend? Just curious. Hope if you didn't like them there that you find some soon!

No, I didn't make it there. I was busy on Saturday, then was home sick yesterday and doing my homework - I didn't even leave the house. :frown:

I'm planning on stopping by there on Friday, so hopefully they won't be sold out by then.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by cariblue
You have lot's of shade, right?
Yes, but I have cut out a bunch of trees. I am wating for the leaves to come on so I can see how much I brightened it up. I planed some hostas but I have 2 low laying places near the creek I want to plant something. Whatever it is will be in partial shade and have to tollerate wet soil.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Pete
How about if you just drive by real slow?

Drive-by consulting - I like the idea! :lmao: As long as I don't have to stop, that will be fine.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Pete
Yes, but I have cut out a bunch of trees. I am wating for the leaves to come on so I can see how much I brightened it up. I planed some hostas but I have 2 low laying places near the creek I want to plant something. Whatever it is will be in partial shade and have to tollerate wet soil.

Big somethings or little somethings? Looking for color or shape?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Some suggestions for water-tolerant plants

Trees:

Magnolia
Oaks (Willow, Pin, Water)
Red Maple
Willow
Holly
Birch
Sweetgum