Cookware

jeneisen

Indy Bound
We are looking to buy new cookware in the next couple of weeks and we can't decide which brands to buy. We are looking at the KitchenAid Hard-Anodized 10-pc. Cookset but we also like the Emeril and some other types we have seen. I am wondering if anyone could recommend something they have and love or even to stay away from. We have TFAL now and have not been that happy with it. We would like to upgrade a bit but non-stick does appeal to us. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jen

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I can't make a recommendation about KitchenAid cookware, as I don't use it, but I can make a recommendation for other KitchenAid products. I currently have one of their professional stand mixers, one of their commercial food processors, and their stove, their dishwasher, and a few other of their products. LOVE THEM ALL! I would only presume that their cookware would be just as good as their other products.

I do currently use Farberware cookware that I've had for 20 years - still looks great, and easy to use and clean/maintain.

-- BG

Mountain MaMa

WV bound
I have been through numerous sets. I was never happy. Hubby put his foot down and said get the All Clad, which is what I wanted but it was sooo expensive. It cleans up so nice and will be the last set I ever have to buy.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by BadGirl
I do currently use Farberware cookware that I've had for 20 years - still looks great, and easy to use and clean/maintain.

Got a set over 4 years ago and love it, no sticking so it's really easy to clean.

alex

Some professionals I know recommend All Clad (who actually makes the Emeril line) or Tramontina. They also recommend buying them by the piece and not as a set since don't get a very good selection with a set.

I personally only have one non-stick pan for frying some things like eggs. I purchased 2 Tramontina pans and they were worth their price. Water boils faster because heat is conducted better. I am slowly replacing the piece of garbage set of Faberware I recieved as an engagement present over 18 years ago. They came with a lifetime warranty and all the handles have cracked, etc.

lucaswebco

Calphalon works great. I have a set. But I still use a reqular non-stick for breakfast foods like eggs. They tend to stick to the Calphalon. But my wife says that I'm just not using it correctly. :confused:

Pete

Repete
I have Calphalon and I like it. Do not stick a hot pan in water to clean it though it makes them warp. :frown:

meme

The Smart Hooker
Originally posted by jeneisen
We are looking to buy new cookware in the next couple of weeks and we can't decide which brands to buy. We are looking at the KitchenAid Hard-Anodized 10-pc. Cookset but we also like the Emeril and some other types we have seen. I am wondering if anyone could recommend something they have and love or even to stay away from. We have TFAL now and have not been that happy with it. We would like to upgrade a bit but non-stick does appeal to us. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jen

We bought Emerils set (from JC Penny.) We absolutely love it. :clap:

CMC122

Go Braves!
I use cast iron pans. One is about 30 years old and works beautifully! Things that can't be cooked in cast iorn get cooked in the stock pots or the one t-fal sauce pan I have. (and I think the t-fal sucks)