Democratic Underground... That Was Fast!

B

Bruzilla

Gee... I was able to make all of four posts on DU.com before I got banned. :biggrin: And in two of them I was critical of the Republicans, but I did commit the cardinal sin of criticizing Clinton.:barf:

Looks like Ann Coulter is right again this week.

http://www.anncoulter.org/

B

Bruzilla

I have to agree with them on a couple of those top ten folks.

Since they mentioned Tim McVeigh, I would like to say one thing that I admire that guy for. It goes without saying that what he did was wrong, but at least he stuck by his beliefs till the end. When you see all these real and wannabe Islamic terrorists who act all tough until they get caught and start squeeling like stuck pigs, you have to give McVeigh credit for sticking to his guns.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not me - I think McVeigh's a freak and a coward for blowing up all those little kids and am not willing to give him credit for ANYTHING except being a nutcase.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I love how much the "Conservative" talk show hosts get under their skin.

Personally I could care less on a daily basis what Dick Morris, Chris Matthews, Phil Donahue or Connie Chung's have to say... But Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity, among others, certainly seem to drive the Demmies bonkers. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Forgot Dr. Laura. :lmao:

Last edited:
B

Bruzilla

Granted... he was all those things that you mentioned. But you didn't see him getting up in court and blaming his unloving mom and uncaring dad; or laying the blame on being abused; or saying that he shouldn't be killed because he's just misunderstood. Although he did a mighty wrong, he stuck by his guns. Compare that to our current plate of terrorists who immediately begin using any legal manipulation they can find to save their necks. McVeigh, a non-religious American, showed more dedication to his cause than any of these "To The Death" Islamic clowns that were rounded up in Afghanistan... or a certain Palestinian leader who was hiding under his desk calling 1-800-GR8SATN when he thought he was about to die. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You do have a point.

I'm curious - what ever happened to the Unibomber? Is he still in prison? I don't remember hearing if he got a death sentence or not. What's his status?

B

Bruzilla

You know, what gets me about the Bill Maher debate was what he said about that Sorkin guy from The West Wing getting popped for carrying drugs through the airport. He made comments saying that we shouldn't be worried about busting people for drugs when we had all these other issues to deal with, or words to that effect. When I first heard the bruhawhaw that's what I thought it was about since he said this at about the same time as the cowards comment.

I don't think lobbing missiles is a cowardly thing to do, just stupid and ineffective. And I certainly don't think that you can blame the soldiers and sailors who fired the missiles, they were just following the orders from the White House, so if anyone was a coward for just shooting missiles, the yellow stripe would have to fall on William Jefferson Clinton's back.:biggrin:

F

FredFlintstone

Bruzilla

Originally posted by Bruzilla
Granted... he was all those things that you mentioned. But you didn't see him getting up in court and blaming his unloving mom and uncaring dad; or laying the blame on being abused; or saying that he shouldn't be killed because he's just misunderstood. Although he did a mighty wrong, he stuck by his guns. Compare that to our current plate of terrorists who immediately begin using any legal manipulation they can find to save their necks. McVeigh, a non-religious American, showed more dedication to his cause than any of these "To The Death" Islamic clowns that were rounded up in Afghanistan... or a certain Palestinian leader who was hiding under his desk calling 1-800-GR8SATN when he thought he was about to die. :biggrin:

McVeigh was a coward. I have more respect (and it is still very little) for the Palestinian suicide bombers and the 9-11 hijackers who flew into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon than I do for that lonesome loser McVeigh.

McVeigh is what Ari Fleischer and Fox "News" calls a "homicide bomber." He fled the scene and thought he'd get away with it. Coward. Wimp.

Bill Mahrer was correct:

Walking away from a truck bomb and lobbing cruise missiles from 600 miles away is cowardly. Piloting a plane into the WTC or blowing yourself and a half dozen Israelis up is not.

P.S. George W. Bush ordered the firing of cruise missiles into Afghanistan. If Clinton is a coward, Bush is a coward.

Try signing up at http://freerepublic.com and posting that George W. Bush went AWOL from the guard during a war and see how long your post and account lasts at the "free" republican.

vraiblonde > The unabomber killed what--one person? Two people? McVeigh murdered 168 men, women and children. He was the poster boy for the Republican party--hated big government, ex-military, gun nut, angry white male who was pleading with some poor girl so that he could get some.

Maybe if he got some, he wouldn't have nuked the Murrah federal building.

"Government is not the solution--government is the problem."--Timothy McVeigh and Ronald Wilson Reagan.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you know, Flintstone, I think it's amazing how you know all the behind the scenes stuff that happens in the world that nobody else has ever heard before - not even the newpapers. Do you work for the CIA or something? Is the DU a front for a global intelligence organization or something?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Do you know, Flintstone, I think it's amazing how you know all the behind the scenes stuff that happens in the world that nobody else has ever heard before - not even the newpapers. Do you work for the CIA or something? Is the DU a front for a global intelligence organization or something?

"Imagination" not "intelligence"! :biggrin:

B

Bruzilla

Re: Bruzilla

McVeigh was a coward... I don't see that. I see him as misguided, stupid, even evil. What I respect about the guy is that he's one of the few, one of the damn few, people of his ilk that has gone to his death believing what he did was right. He didn't try to exploit any legal loopholes, no "I'm guilty... oops, I'm not guilty" crap, and didn't blame anyone but his target for his actions. How would the 9/11 terrorists have acted if they had been caught? Probably exactly like Moussaoui has... "I know Allah will give me a truckload of virgins if I die, but still I would like a life sentence please. I know Allah will protect me, but just in case." Yeah, there's a real believer.

Bill Mahrer was incorrect. Lobbing cruise missiles from 600 miles away is not cowardly, it's a safer way of doing business. If Al Queda had access to Tomahawk missiles they would have used them. Unfortunately, the best they have are Soviet RPGs, and you aren't going to do much damage with them, so they needed a plan B. Where Clinton, and Bush, and even Reagan near the end of his second term, screwed up was trying to play Even Stephen with terrorists. They were more afraid of seeing Christiane Amanpour standing over the body of a dead kid than they were about protecting American citizens and interests. If instead of lobbing a couple of missiles at low-value targets they had lobbed dozens of missiles at high-value targets like cities, that would have gotten the attention of the people who support groups like Al Queda and sent the message that supporting these psychos is just too costly. Oh, I'm sorry to destroy your opinion that we conservatives can't stand criticizing Republicans.

I'll take your advice and try out the GWB post on Free Republic. I only have to be allowed to post for 23 minutes to beat the rush to ban me on DU. :biggrin:

The Finman

23 Minutes?!?!

Originally posted by Bruzilla
I only have to be allowed to post for 23 minutes to beat the rush to ban me on DU. :biggrin:

I can't believe that you lasted that long over there :eek:

You should have seen there hate filled orgy over there over the news that President Reagan's health was worsening.

Here are just some of the quotes

I didn't think that people could be filled with that much hate...especially someone that is so ill.:frown:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Re: 23 Minutes?!?!

Originally posted by The Finman
...I didn't think that people could be filled with that much hate...especially someone that is so ill.:frown:
They don't see that as hate! :nono:
It's only hate when a "Conservative" says something they don't like.

MGKrebs

endangered species
For your reading pleasure...

Just some quick quotes from a conservative board.

To: DM1

Now hold on, there are some white folk I wouldn't mind seeing abolished. Take bill and hillary, reno and the lizard. the four white commy lezzies(?) in the senate.

To: DM1

This hatred of white people is starting to make me really angry, also.
If these white-haters want a contest rather than peaceful coexistence, then, they are gonna get it.
The clock is ticking. People have been tolerant of these sorts of attacks, and, they too are getting pissed.
It isn't going to take much longer.

When we meet a Euroweenie, we need to ask: Are you from the part of Europe whose ass we kicked or whose ass we saved?

To: tom paine 2

I don't think we should've even dignified this turd-world terrorist gabfest in Jo-burg with Colin Powell's presence at all.

The United States should have been completely--and conspicuously--absent from the whole UN scumbag-pus-exuding performance.

I mean......klinton, per usual, is out of control and running his mouth on overtime, knowing the press will NEVER hold him accountable for flip flops and other serious MO's that yakking bag of dog poop is so wont to make.

Mullah Shorty Da$$hole continues to be the best Senator that the Opecker Princes, al Qaeda and Saddam have bought in America.

Da$$hole is a buttbuddy of the Islamakazis.

New dictionary's should show his picture when the word TRAITOR is covered.

We are at WAR with ISLAM, the sooner we ACCEPT the TRUTH the sooner we will WIN!

While the Gray Lady boasts All The News That's Fit To Print it's actually a pack of shrieking fairies goosestepping in the footsteps of Goebbels of beloved memory.

We already know what a Clinton presidency looks like.
They killed their enemies without any declaration of war.
For this they have never been held to account.
There is a difference between a president who kills his country's enemies, with the authorization of congress, versus a president who kills his personal enemies with no congressional approval.

The Finman

Links MGKrebs...please post links

I don't doubt that you took those posts from somewhere, but I would like to actually read them in full context

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maynard, I would appreciate you showing me where, in all that Freeper (I've been dying to use that word!) diatribe there is a death wish to a former or current President. Or anyone else for that matter.

Show me where it says, "I'll be so glad when Bill Clinton dies" or "I hope Daschle dies as horrible a death as possible".

Show me where they make cruel fun of a Senator's physical disability that he got in Vietnam and call him "Cripple".

Oh wait...that was Gore...sorry...:duh: