Cup of Joe

bcp

In My Opinion
You pay full price for the coffee for the troops. The coffee place is not stepping up and giving a break
As nice as it would be to buy the coffee for the troops, the reality is that it is a marketing ploy by the Green Beans Coffee to up their sales.
Im betting that the coffee will be targeted at the people that dont purchase it already. The reason? They give away a sample cup in hopes of getting new customers.
Same as when somewhere gives away a free sample, except this time they are asking the general public to fund it under the umbrella of guilt if you dont support the troops.

Go ahead and do it but understand that even though you are doing something nice for a soldier, you are mainly funding an advertising campaign.

Terrid76

I don't know how the soldiers are choosen to get a cup of Green Beans coffee as 1) the camp I was at was way too remote to have a Green Beans and 2) this wasn't going on. I do know that I have donated a few cups of coffee and I have recieved a couple of notes from folks who got that cup of coffee. It was kind of cool.

acommondisaster

I generally just pay for the coffee of the guy in uniform behind me in WaWa. Yeah, they're not in a warzone, but all I donate goes straight to the servicemember, rather than 5 cents on the dollar.