Kids

K

Kizzy

On the way home from school, my youngest sees a dead deer on the road and asked "What does it mean to be dead?" Well, he is 4, so I said well it means you go to sleep and never wake up. Then he asked where we put dead things, so I tell him. Then he says, well your mommy is dead. I said yes she is dead. Then he asked how, so I told him she got sick and died. Then he said so if you got sick and died, daddy will just go out and get a new mommy that is just like you. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by IM4Change
so if you got sick and died, daddy will just go out and get a new mommy that is just like you.
No! No she will NOT be just like me! She'll be EVIL and you'll HATE her! So you'd better appreciate me while you can before Daddy gets you an EVIL step-monster!!!

:lmao:

Danzig

Originally posted by IM4Change
On the way home from school, my youngest sees a dead deer on the road and asked "What does it mean to be dead?" Well, he is 4, so I said well it means you go to sleep and never wake up. Then he asked where we put dead things, so I tell him. Then he says, well your mommy is dead. I said yes she is dead. Then he asked how, so I told him she got sick and died. Then he said so if you got sick and died, daddy will just go out and get a new mommy that is just like you. :ohwell:

I tell my wife and son "new Moms" can be found at Hyper Space.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I love watching the reasoning going on in kids' heads as they try to make sense of the world. I still remember when I finally made the connection between thinking the animals "sleeping" on the roadways (what my parents told me) and the realization of the fact they were really DEAD.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by vraiblonde
No! No she will NOT be just like me! She'll be EVIL and you'll HATE her! So you'd better appreciate me while you can before Daddy gets you an EVIL step-monster!!!

Dayum, why didn't I think of that. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Conversation between Alex at 8 and Emilie at 6:

E: Why's that deer laying on the side of the road?
A: He's dead.
E: How come?
A: God made him be dead.
E: Was he naughty?
A: Well, he didn't look both ways before crossing the street, that's for sure.