So appreciative....

smts

Watching Fox5 news and caught the middle to end of a report about 2 local Marines killed in action. I missed the name of the first Soldier but caught some of his father talking about him and how much his younger brother will miss him but plans to join the Marines too. The 2nd Solidier's first name was Niall, he sent his mom beautiful flowers this past weekend (from Afghanistan) saying he loved her and thanked her for always being there for him, he was killed days later. Hearing the heartbreak in these parents voices make me so thankful to them. For all of our Military Men and Women, THANK YOU! for allowing me to go to bed safely with my husband and children. To those who gave your lives for us and to your families - words can not express my gratitude. May your Souls Rest In Peace....

Roman

Watching Fox5 news and caught the middle to end of a report about 2 local Marines killed in action. I missed the name of the first Soldier but caught some of his father talking about him and how much his younger brother will miss him but plans to join the Marines too. The 2nd Solidier's first name was Niall, he sent his mom beautiful flowers this past weekend (from Afghanistan) saying he loved her and thanked her for always being there for him, he was killed days later. Hearing the heartbreak in these parents voices make me so thankful to them. For all of our Military Men and Women, THANK YOU! for allowing me to go to bed safely with my husband and children. To those who gave your lives for us and to your families - words can not express my gratitude. May your Souls Rest In Peace....
Gene Mills Jr was the name of the other Marine. My Sister, and I grew up with his Mother. Though I never met Gene Jr., I really appreciate what you wrote Smts, and I know his Family would too. I am so thankful for our Military.

SoMDGirl42

I have chills from the top of my head to my toes.

YES, bless those that serve and protect our freedoms!

RIP young heros.

DEEKAYPEE8569

YES, bless those that serve and protect our freedoms!

This may be irrlevant to this thread, but if I am out shopping, or whatever, if there is a line at the register and I come across one of our military in uniform who says something like, "after you"; I stop and say, "No, after you," then I usually follow that with something stupid like, "You have things to do; all I have to do is go home."

A while back, I posted that I saw a young gent in fatigues; had his last name stenciled on them and everything; at the gas station. I went over to him, excused myself, shook his hand and thanked him for his service.
Yeah, he could have been ROTC or something like that; but he's doing something I can't.
Poor guy was prob'ly thinking WTH??

Last edited:

Roman

This may be irrlevant to this thread, but if I am out shopping, or whatever, if there is a line at the register and I come across one of our military in uniform who says something like, "after you"; I stop and say, "No, after you," then I usually follow that with something stupid like, "You have things to do; all I have to do is go home."

A while back, I posted that I saw a young gent in fatigues; had his last name stenciled on them and everything; at the gas station. I went over to him, excused myself, shook his hand and thanked him for his service.
Yeah, he could have been ROTC or something like that; but he's doing something I can't.
Poor guy was prob'ly thinking WTH??
That's awesome Deekaypee, I do the same. My Son was a Marine, and is now a U.S. Coastguard, and I am very proud of him, as I am ALL the Military. I would last about 5 seconds in a Battle Field!!

smts

Roman, Thank your son for all of us too. My father was a Cpl in the Marines. He passed away at age 59 but he was a strong supporter of the Military. My oldest Brother was a Lt in the Navy and served in 3 wars. The families deserve alot of Thank you's too as they also make many sacrifices!

Roman

Roman, Thank your son for all of us too. My father was a Cpl in the Marines. He passed away at age 59 but he was a strong supporter of the Military. My oldest Brother was a Lt in the Navy and served in 3 wars. The families deserve alot of Thank you's too as they also make many sacrifices!
Amen SMTS, and thank you for your most kind reply!! I will show him this when he comes for a visit today. He has to report to his new Duty Station in New Jersey on the 8th. He's closer to home this time around. He was in California. Thanks again!!