CO, CMC sacked at Pax River health clinic

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Last edited:

Mabus

Free Rent
WOW, I see 3 guys I served with (not at Pax) who got sacked, and one CO got sacked on my old boat. Holy #### lol.

bcp

In My Opinion
Capt. Eric Merrill was fired July 15 as commanding officer of the submarine tender Emory S. Land after the ship hit a channel buoy June 21 while heading into Mina Salman, a port of Bahrain.

I was on the commissioning crew for this ship when it was put in service.(AS-39)

Spent time in Bremerton Wa. while it was being completed. I was in the first group sent up to do the shakedown cruise with it.
from there it was a trip down the coast stopping in Alemeda (sp) then Acapolco (sp again) through the Panama canal and on to GITMO for the crews training.

Im surprised the original Capt was not fired, Dennis Y. Sloan, the ship ran aground in the Suez Canal on the way to Diego Garcia in 1980 bending the shaft

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I was on the commissioning crew for this ship when it was put in service.(AS-39)

Spent time in Bremerton Wa. while it was being completed. I was in the first group sent up to do the shakedown cruise with it.
from there it was a trip down the coast stopping in Alemeda (sp) then Acapolco (sp again) through the Panama canal and on to GITMO for the crews training.

Im surprised the original Capt was not fired, Dennis Y. Sloan, the ship ran aground in the Suez Canal on the way to Diego Garcia in 1980 bending the shaft

:lol: The tender I was on, USS Fulton (AS-11) bent one of the shafts during a port visit to Sidney, Australia in the 1950s. When I reported aboard as a newbie in 1979, the shaft was still bent and they apparently couldn't fix it. We did a "liberty cruise" from New London CT to Ft. Lauderdale FL, averaging 5 knots the whole way. :lol:

I used to live in Alameda. :howdy: