Spring ridge middle school

royhobie

hobieflyer
Not long ago I attended a Community HOA meeting. I do admit that SRMS doesn't look very good, and has a few problems inside as well. Some folks have said a few classrooms have some mold problems, as well as the school has had the POD system for so long.

However, I am told that in 2013 the school is supposed to be set for a facelift. Hopefully for those that are concerned about the school the facelift will be more than just a facelift. A few parents said they were going to get their own paint and do work on it themselves. Paint will help. But, I suspect it needs more than just a coat of paint.

The joke around the community near the school is that folks who live nearby can ask the State for a property tax break because the physical appearance of the school is bringing down property values in the neighborhood. I'll save this arguement for the tax experts. Nonetheless, folks can hope that improvements are on the way. Just not very soon.

However, there is one thing for certain. - Bright, vibrant colors are well known to be connected to positive thinking, alert minds and lifted spirits, when dull, or dark colors are known to be connected to depression and significantly less education. So, once the work is done, we shall see whether it makes a difference or not. It should be interesting. However, even after the work starts on the school, it will take some time to get it done.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sorry, Roy, but that's a lot of "people say", and "I am told". Both of my kids said they cant recall any mold, but of course, they didnt sit in every classroom. Sounds like an overly concerned HOA to me, looking for stuff to worry about. Would be nice to see the pods gone, and of course, bright colors are a nice thing, but I cant recall any issues that would prevent any child from getting a good education.

royhobie

hobieflyer
Sorry, Roy, but that's a lot of "people say", and "I am told". Both of my kids said they cant recall any mold, but of course, they didnt sit in every classroom. Sounds like an overly concerned HOA to me, looking for stuff to worry about. Would be nice to see the pods gone, and of course, bright colors are a nice thing, but I cant recall any issues that would prevent any child from getting a good education.

Not to worry. I agree. I've been to the school many times and have never noticed any mold. One of their teachers claims this exists. I wonder though. I do agree some brighter colors, mainly on the outside could help. And of course as you said, the Pod system is overdue. But, they do have plans to take it out. I think after the improvements, the school will look brand new. Their teachers are some of the best I have ever seen.