Teen girls "maturing" faster.

Pete

Repete
I always hear that girls mature at a faster rate than boys. I believe the rate was about 2 years. I think this may be even faster now.

Boy and I went to 4 Star in Lt Friday night for the pizza feed and the place was loaded with teenagers. From a purely physical standpoint dress/demenor the girls looked way more mature (in the area of 5 years) more mature than the boys in the group.

Why is it that girls have made the progression? The boys looked slovenly and childlike whereas the girls looked nice. Is this going to shift the age difference in future relationships?

What is the age difference between you and your spouse now?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry's a few months younger than me but all adults are the same age so :shrug:

If girls would snub slovenly boys, I'll bet you'd see a drastic improvement in their appearance.

CMC122

Go Braves!
There is 4 years difference between me and my husband. We met when I was 18.

If I were to become single again I would still be more interested in someone older than me then someone my age or younger.

K

Kizzy

6 weeks. :shrug:

We have known each other since the 3rd grade, started dating in high school.

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by Pete
So that was what was going on at Four Star...the b/f and I were making the turn to come back to my house and there was like tons of cars there. I thought maybe people were just really craving pizza or something!! :shrug:

b/f and I are 3 years apart...he is older.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Larry's a few months younger than me but all adults are the same age so :shrug:

If girls would snub slovenly boys, I'll bet you'd see a drastic improvement in their appearance.
True, but these boys looked way out of place. Age between adults is not as big an issue unless of course a 50 year old is trying to dog a 25 year old, but the maturity gap between boys and girls that are the same age being that different, wow.

Hey Alliz, how old are you again? :lol:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I always hear that girls mature at a faster rate than boys. I believe the rate was about 2 years. I think this may be even faster now.

Boy and I went to 4 Star in Lt Friday night for the pizza feed and the place was loaded with teenagers. From a purely physical standpoint dress/demenor the girls looked way more mature (in the area of 5 years) more mature than the boys in the group.

Why is it that girls have made the progression? The boys looked slovenly and childlike whereas the girls looked nice. Is this going to shift the age difference in future relationships?

Pete,

Quit looking at the little girls, they call it "jail bait" for a reason. Don't want to see you on any of those "lists".

I have the wife by a year, but we didn't meet until we were in our late 30s.

Pete

Repete
Re: Re: Teen girls "maturing" faster.

Originally posted by Ken King
Pete,

Quit looking at the little girls, they call it "jail bait" for a reason. Don't want to see you on any of those "lists".

I have the wife by a year, but we didn't meet until we were in our late 30s.
I wasn't drooling merely making an observation.

K

Kizzy

Really Pete, you are only looking at these teenagers and assuming that the girls are more mature than the boys. Maturity in a physical sense is one thing, maturity in a day to day decision making sense is another.

In my early teens and 20's, I looked young, very young, so one person could look at me, guess my age, but when they talked to me they were confused, wondering if I was much older and just looked young, until they finally came out and asked.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by IM4Change
Really Pete, you are only looking at these teenagers and assuming that the girls are more mature than the boys. Maturity in a physical sense is one thing, maturity in a day to day decision making sense is another.
Thats why I said "From a purely physical standpoint dress/demeanor"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't see that big of a difference in the older high schoolers - they all look old to me. But in the middle school the difference is like night and day. When the middle daughter started high school last year, the girls didn't seem to have changed much over the summer but MAN! The boys were barely recognizable.

Elle

Happy Camper!

There is a little over 2 years between me and my hubby and we met when I was 15 so I guess we fall in your typical stereotyping.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Pete

As a mother of two boys, take my advice and lock up Boy now. :biggrin:

Otter is 4 years older than I am, but we met when we were in our 20's.

K

Kizzy

Thats why I said "From a purely physical standpoint dress/demeanor"

Sure, but when they say girls mature faster than boys it is more than just physical appearance that sums up the 2 year mark.

Why are you checking out teenage girls anyway? :lol:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by RoseRed
11 year age difference. I robbed the nursing home. :rolleyes:
Ah, but think how happy R will be with a hottie tucking the shawl around his lap when he is in the wheel chair. :wink:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by IM4Change

Why are you checking out teenage girls anyway? :lol:
All the one my age are mental. I was thinking of getting a "new" one and training her.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ah, but think how happy R will be with a hottie tucking the shawl around his lap when he is in the wheel chair. :wink:
Perish the thought! :lol:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by RoseRed
11 year age difference. I robbed the nursing home. :rolleyes:
I got ya beat by 2 1/2 years. :roflmao:

I believe that is the forum record! :diva:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
I got ya beat by 2 1/2 years. :roflmao:

I believe that is the forum record! :diva:
You win! :diva:

If I were to have a second time around, I'd find someone my own age or some younger hottie. :wink: