Help with dog with sore muscle (cramp)

D

darkriver4362

My dog Roofus, was swimming yesterday for a couple hours. She hadn't really done much all winter long and just went all out with the river. Now this morning her back right leg keeps tightening up and she needs to sit down alot. She's a 2 year old yellow lab if that helps, what can I do for her?

D

darkriver4362

Originally posted by migtig
:yeahthat: I have been giving the dawg regular massages for a while, he loves it and it seems to help.
There is also dog buffered asprin and glucosame supplements to add to his diet. But sounds like the dog is overall healthy and doesn't need anything other than a massage and a day or two away from the river.

Thank ya....I'll look for the asprin and glucosame. She has a habit of wanting to jump off of high docks, she may have hit the bottom of the river. She's not the brightest dog lol....just out of curiosity, she's 140 lbs, should the asprin have weight to dosage ratio on the back?

D

darkriver4362

Originally posted by migtig
Yep. The dog buffered asprin tastes like liver (yummy) or something equally as disgusting, so place it somewhere unaccessable. On the back of the bottle, it tells you how many per 10 lbs (I think). On a side note, I think my dawg can have two, but I only dose him with one. It seems to be enough so he isn't spacey but is able to relax and snooze for a while.

Thanks Mig:wink: