Teaching Babies

romance

One of the sinners
I'm surprised an idea of mine actually got somewhere. :cheesy:

For all you who have kids, HOW CAN I GET MY SON TO SIT UP BY HIMSELF? I have been trying to get him to for a while now and refuses. He is a little over 7 months and won't crawl or sit up. But he will walk in the walker.:confused:

Is there any tricks to getting him to sit up or crawl. My girls just took off on their own and sat up on their own but he won't do either.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
As long as there are no disabilities --why worry, each child runs on their own timetable.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I could be wrong

but I'm not a fan of walkers, playpens, etc. I think the babies learn more when on the floor. A walker sort of supports him. It's my thought they develop better muscles, etc. from rolling around and working their little bodies. But each child goes at their on speed. 7 months isn't really too old to NOT be sitting up.

romance

One of the sinners
He doesn't have any disabilities that I know of. He was premmie so I do take that into consideration. But I was just wanting advice for helping him learn. Maybe a "best way to teach" him.

With my oldest daughter, our puppy taught her how to crawl.Whether he did it on purpose or not, who knows. But he would get on his belly and scoot around the floor and she copied him. Then after a few days he would start standing up (all the while watching her) and she would mimic his actions. After that she was crawling every where.

With Rachel, she had Becca to learn from. But she never crawled, she knee walked (standing on her knees and walked around) It took her till she was 11 months before she would stand on her feet.

I was just hoping maybe someone knew a trick to teach him to crawl. Something that maybe could help sit up too.

As for the walkers.. I like Jacob's. His adjust and can do everything on his own but helps stabilize him. His legs are getting stronger everyday he's in it. For the playpens........never used, never will. I hear too many stories on TV about them being recalled.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
All babies learn in different stages. My daughter didn't walk until she was 11 months old, but my niece did at 9 months. Go figure.