inside dogs

S

starr

I love how people say they are inside dogs....do they use the bathroom inside? If not they still go outside making it possible for them to get loose.

I do hope you find your lost animals but saying they are inside dogs is not an excuse for them not having a collar. All animals need collars.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I think she meant to reply to the lost chihuahuas thread, but hit the new thread button instead.

G

Greg

Originally posted by starr
I love how people say they are inside dogs....do they use the bathroom inside? If not they still go outside making it possible for them to get loose.

I do hope you find your lost animals but saying they are inside dogs is not an excuse for them not having a collar. All animals need collars.

They are chihuahuas! Just like a cat, if you put a collar on it, they will get stuck places, possibly strangling themselves. I used to keep collars on all of them. But, one day I came home from work, and one of them was HANGING from the string that comes down from the blinds. Luckily she was OK, but what if she wasn't? I tried the break-away cat collars, but they just pulled them off.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Hey Greg, any leads on the dogs this morning?

BTW, My dog doesn't wear a collar either. I think that's a poor excuse to kick someone with when their dog escapes.

G

Greg

Originally posted by Sharon
Hey Greg, any leads on the dogs this morning?

BTW, My dog doesn't wear a collar either. I think that's a poor excuse to kick someone with when their dog escapes.

No, no word yet....... and, thanks.

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
Greg,
Can you post all those you have contacted on the dogs being lost ?

And also some real good descriptions of them.

S

starr

Originally posted by Sharon

BTW, My dog doesn't wear a collar either. I think that's a poor excuse to kick someone with when their dog escapes. [/B]

I'm not kicking anyone I am simply saying that inside dogs need id too. If you don't want them to wear collars then have them microchipped. Otherwise I just don't think it is being a responsible pet owner. Have you looked at petfinder lately all those stray animals because nobody bothered to put id on them.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by starr
If you don't want them to wear collars then have them microchipped. Otherwise I just don't think it is being a responsible pet owner. Have you looked at petfinder lately all those stray animals because nobody bothered to put id on them.
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

What's next ...wanting me to cut off Bear's balls to avoid overbreeding?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by kwillia
There is not much chance of a lost dog getting back to the owner without some kind of identification...:shrug:
That may be true, but some people just decide they don't want them anymore and just let them go. That's why no one goes to pick them up at the shelter and they can't be traced back to the owner. Who's to say that these dogs didn't lose the collar while wandering either?

Greg's dogs are inside, they got out by accident. He stated a valid reason for not collaring them due to safety reasons. Bear's mostly and inside dog also, fat chance of him ever running away or him getting lost outside. He's trained to stay in the yard. He doesn't run loose except at the beach. I don't feel it's irresponsible of me at all not to collar him.

S

starr

That is your choice and there is probably nothing I can say that would change your mind. I know there are people out there that just drop off their animals somewhere because they don't want them anymore.

But when a stray dog dies in your arms because there wasn't a home for it come talk to me. I saw all the dogs that had been hit by cars and we didn't know who they belonged to.

Chrystee

:blahblah: :deadhorse

My dogs do not wear collars in the house either.. but they also stay relatively close to the house when they get out once in a blue moon.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Accidents happen. I have to agree with the pro collar/microchip people here. I've always had collars on my "inside" dogs and do now. If you don't want to collar them then you should microchip them. I plan on having Mily chiped. She never goes outside off the leash. But heaven forbid something ever happen and she get lose then even if her collar falls off then she'll have the chip.

K

Kizzy

Sharon

You rock! :cheers:

I have to take Milo's collar off every now and then, because it irritates his skin underneath. It just so happened that the time I did it, he escaped. Accidents happen.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by kwillia
she is simply pointing out the fact that when our precious pets get lost without any form of indentification, the odds are against them ever getting back home...

but of course, your dog willl never do that...
He has it good here. Why would he leave? Don't buy a dumb dog and if you do - train it...makes all the difference in the world but most people are too lazy. :razz:

S

starr

A couple of years back someone stole our beagle out of our backyard. She couldn't have gotten that collar off (she was a little overweight) and the neighbors saw the guy do it. They thought we had asked the guy to take her somewhere (not the brightest of people). Anyway she was taken right before hunting season and we searched everywhere. We gave up a couple of months later and in early spring she came walking up the driveway like she had never left. She was well cared for where ever she was but she escaped and came home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Well there ya go, a collar didn't help her at all now did it. :lol: At least she was smart enough to come home.

You know what I find disgusting...people who let their dogs crap and pee in the house. If I had a dog that did that I take off his collar, open the door and let him go. :dance:

C

Clusterh

I came into this post late but I have to agree with Starr on all of this...

There really is no excuse for not having a collar on a dog or atleast having them microchipped. It isnt expensive and could save their life. And if either of these dont work, than fence in the yard or walk them on a leash.

I, like Starr, have seen the worst of the cases of dogs and cats hit by cars and worse. It is an awful sight to see and even worse when no one will claim responsibility.

Dogs cant always fend for themselves, that leaves us to take care of them which means that we do everything in our power to protect and care for them, just as you would a child. Extreme? To some but to me, they are family.

And I am trying to offend anyone or anything, I just think that everyone should take responsibilty for keeping them safe at all times.

Jill