Renewables power Peru education

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original source/video.

"Children at a village school are able to do their homework on laptops, thanks to a windmill and solar panels."

"Children at a school in a village in Peru are learning and doing their homework on computers despite living without electricity.

A renewable energy programme comprised of a windwill and seven solar panels - donations from the European Union - are powering the eager young students' laptops.

Al Jazeera's Mariana Sanchez reports from Camacho."

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I guess there's no night school

[www.aljazeera.com]

"Children at a village school are able to do their homework on laptops, thanks to a windmill and solar panels."

"Children at a school in a village in Peru are learning and doing their homework on computers despite living without electricity."

Stupid ragheads. What do they think the solar panals and windmill provide?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Link to original source/video.

"Children at a school in a village in Peru are learning and doing their homework on computers despite living without electricity.

A renewable energy programme comprised of a windwill and seven solar panels - donations from the European Union - are powering the eager young students' laptops.

Al Jazeera's Mariana Sanchez reports from Camacho."

Imagine if we could harness the power of all of our rivers, and use the power to produce ELECTRICITY!

Imagine all the clean, renewable, 24 hour a day energy.. could even be community or city bases.... Just like it was 50-100 years ago....

C

czygvtwkr

So basically the windmills and solar cells can't produce enough power for anthing other than running some laptops.

terbear1225

This a wonderful, feel good story. Would be a more wonderful, feel better story if the whole village had been provided with reliable energy. What happens to these children once they are done with school? They either leave the area to continue their education, probably to never return, or they leave school and go back to working at home with no electricity.

SamSpade

You can always get a great ROI when someone else donates all the money.

I'll be only too glad to cover my property in wind mills and solar panels to power my home if some European country wants to pay for it.