Paralyzed Veteran Forced To Crawl Down 3 Flights

Misfit

Lawful neutral
CBS 7 - Your Eye on West Texas

Monahans, TX - The backlash after claims of a Best Western in Monahans mistreating a paralyzed Iraq war veteran is going viral, flooding social media sites nationwide. Now people in Monahans are starting to protest.

28 year-old paralyzed veteran Staff Sergeant Chad Staples stayed at the Monahans Best Western hotel on August 7th. While he was there, a power outage happened shutting down the elevator. He says he called the front desk, explained his situation and asked for help. But instead of helping him, he said he was laughed at by a female employee.

"I blew up slammed the phone, went down the stairs by myself; which included chucking my wheel chair down, my bags, everything that you don't want to chuck down the stairs and going down on my butt. Which wasn't that big of a deal, I was going to do that anyways, but I didn't want to chuck my stuff around, " said veteran Chad Staples.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Desk clerk was probably an OWS liberal.

Probably an owner, or a relative of the owner.

Best Western hotels are crapholes, and I haven't stayed in one since about the late 80s.

It seems one particular nationality started buying them up, as I noticed during my travels they were all managed, and manned by people from the same part of the world.. with the same attitude, about the same customer service, and same level of upkeep.