The Strategic Context Of Lethal Drones

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

The Strategic Context Of Lethal Drones

Link to original article. (PDF)

The Strategic Context Of Lethal Drones, A framework for discussion

Here below is quoted the entire message in context:

"In the interest of objectivity, this paper will not address the moral and political arguments about the proper use of targeted killings."

The "American Security Project" is going to leave out the immorality and the cowardice and the criminal depravity of murder by drone, and call that "a discussion" indeed.

Puke :barf:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Here below is quoted the entire message in context:

"In the interest of objectivity, this paper will not address the moral and political arguments about the proper use of targeted killings."

The "American Security Project" is going to leave out the immorality and the cowardice and the criminal depravity of murder by drone, and call that "a discussion" indeed.

Puke :barf:

They don't want to get into the debate of why it's criminal to make terrorists feel bad at Gitmo, but it's perfectly okay to kill them, their children, and any bystanders unlucky enough to be around.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr

How about considering a discussion involving the just raw data and numbers?

Is that really too much to ask for?

Keep the emotions, sensations, and assumptions out the discussion. Only numbers. Argue the numbers.

Though, it did take me a few minutes to discern what each numerical figure represented in real, material terms. I don't work in that field, but someone that did could probably recognize them on the spot and debate them.

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

How about considering a discussion involving the just raw data and numbers?

Is that really too much to ask for?

Keep the emotions, sensations, and assumptions out the discussion. Only numbers. Argue the numbers.

Though, it did take me a few minutes to discern what each numerical figure represented in real, material terms. I don't work in that field, but someone that did could probably recognize them on the spot and debate them.

Doing that is immoral and it is cowardly and it is criminal depravity.

The drones are murdering real people, and they are NOT "numbers" or "sensations" or "material terms".

Taking the humanity out of the discussion makes it inhuman.

:whistle:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Doing that is immoral and it is cowardly and it is criminal depravity.

The drones are murdering real people, and they are NOT "numbers" or "sensations" or "material terms".

Taking the humanity out of the discussion makes it inhuman.

:whistle:

If it's immoral and cowardly, why is your boy Obama doing it? Aren't you a hypocrite for not placing the blame where it belongs, with the Commander in Chief?

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

If it's immoral and cowardly, why is your boy Obama doing it? Aren't you a hypocrite for not placing the blame where it belongs, with the Commander in Chief?

I agree that Obama is failing us too in this regard, but Obama is still better than Romney.

I myself do not really blame our military or the Generals or the President(s) because in the case of the drones it is that our technology has surpassed and overrides our humanity.

In our military there are large numbers of suicides, as I believe our troops know the things are wrong but they have to follow orders.

Our Country has always lacked morality and now that is really ripening.

:patriot:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In what way?

Well, if you like the idea of targeted assassinations done by remote, cold and calculated, machine like, then, Obama has, among all his other traits, the ability to make Mitt look warm and fuzzy. So, presuming cold and calculating is a trait we desire in our potus then, Obama is more better.

Skynet.

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

In what way?

With Obama there is hope that the wars and the drones will some day STOP.

With Romney he will increase the wars and the drone murders.

Romney has already said that he wants to increase pressure onto Iran - as if we need a new warmonger as President when we do not.

:patriot:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
With Obama there is hope that the wars and the drones will some day STOP.

:

That hope is based on....what evidence, exactly? How do you know that Barry does not enjoy signing off on the strike list each day, as he has been doing for his entire term?