• Poll closed .
L

libragirl

the person you are with now? do you love them or are you in love with them

L

libragirl

Originally posted by Kain99
What's the difference?... Need details.
you either love them like a good friend or your madly in love with them?!

K

Kain99

Madly in love turns into something so much more after you've been together a while (If your lucky.) :wink:

Plus the poll confuses me... Do I click yes for In Love or for Just plain old love like chocolate?

L

libragirl

Madly in love turns into something so much more after you've been together a while (If your lucky.) :wink:

Plus the poll confuses me... Do I click yes for In Love or for Just plain old love like chocolate?
very true how about you love them more than say you love your friend?? i guess its hard to explain. im sure youve heard the expression i love you but im not in love with you?? oh well i cant explain it any better maybe someone else can?

yes for in love
no for just i love him/her
not sure if your not sure

K

Kain99

Just giving ya a hard time... I get it sweetie. My vote has been cast. :biggrin:

CMC122

Go Braves!
I see there are some NO replies.

I highly doubt the people that voted no will answer this but why would you stay with a person you don't love?

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by migtig
Cause I am dating and have fun and not looking for a commitment and vice versus. :wink:
OOOOO OK that make's sense didn't think of the dating people:wink:

Thanks!

Angel

~*~*~
I love my dawg and he loves George - so we are great love house. :roflmao:

BTW, that "in love" crap seems juvenile or reminds one of the first blushes of a relationship. Love implies something long term, steady and lasting.

And there are many levels to love. Love for a parent, child, spouse, best friend, etc. can all have many levels and facets to it.

I'd much rather love and be loved, than f'd over by some :loser: I thought I was "in love" with.
you sound a bit bitter, but i see your point.... :cheers:

L

libragirl

BTW, that "in love" crap seems juvenile or reminds one of the first blushes of a relationship. Love implies something long term, steady and lasting.

what happens when the blushing goes away then what do you call it do you just love the person or what? they say true love only happens once is that true for any of you or have you been in love more than once or are you still searching?

L

libragirl

i didnt think it would be so hard to answer a question? i guess i shouldnt have posted it

Angel

~*~*~
Originally posted by libragirl

what happens when the blushing goes away then what do you call it do you just love the person or what? they say true love only happens once is that true for any of you or have you been in love more than once or are you still searching?
i don't believe that true love only happens once.... i believe the depths of love you have for people is very different based on the individual and circumstance. i use to believe in destiny and all that crap, but life's lessons have taught me much different. i love my man very much and of course i hope we are together until i die, but i know we have loved others in the past and we felt the same way about them at that time as we do for each other now, so..... i don't know... what defines true love? who knows.... i'm havin' a beer.. too much deep crap for me on a saturday. i would definitely marry this man tomorrow if he asked, so i guess i'd like to believe he's my true love... :smile:

L

libragirl

Originally posted by Angel
i don't believe that true love only happens once.... i believe the depths of love you have for people is very different based on the individual and circumstance. i use to believe in destiny and all that crap, but life's lessons have taught me much different. i love my man very much and of course i hope we are together until i die, but i know we have loved others in the past and we felt the same way about them at that time as we do for each other now, so..... i don't know... what defines true love? who knows.... i'm havin' a beer.. too much deep crap for me on a saturday. i would definitely marry this man tomorrow if he asked, so i guess i'd like to believe he's my true love... :smile:
thats great im glad that your happy i hope he does ask you to marry him your right this is to deep and i started it lol:cheers:

L

libragirl

Ohhh, this is a very good question. I'll share a piece of me. I must be feeling melancholy this evening.

I once loved somebody very deeply, so much so, that his very intake of breathe felt like it was mine. I was content, happy, sad, joyous, all the other emotions mixed into one. He was my safe haven. He was my life. In time, it become more contentment and some routine, but on whole it was a good thing and there was a connection between us that I thought could never be broken. I will say, I truly believe he was my "one true love".

He died.

It pretty much devasted my life. I had no more hopes nor dreams. I spent a year wallowing in self-pity, despair and alcohol.

I wound up marrying man who cared for me, and I tried to love him, but I couldn't. At least not in the way he deserved to be loved. We divorced on good terms. And I hope one day he finds the right woman for him. Even thu, he still asks me when he is feeling melancholy, to reconsider getting married again.

Since then, I have dated, but I haven't really tried to pursue a relationship for the long term. I never felt that same connection with anybody again. I doubt I ever will. They say, that with the passing of time, that your sense of what you need and want and will consider acceptable in a lifemate will change. Therefore, realistically, over time if you had a "true love" early in life, you should be able to find one again. I don't know if that is true. But there is a part of me that hopes it is.
that was really nice and touching it gives me alot to think about

L

libragirl

Originally posted by libragirl
i didnt think it would be so hard to answer a question? i guess i shouldnt have posted it
i take that back what you guys write gives me and others something to think about

J

justhangn

Dear Mig,

That story just totally broke my heart, please refrain from posting such emotionally charged posts for a while.

TIA

JH

PS, Now I need to go find some swank and pay her to kick me square in the nuts so I can be bitter once again. :ohwell:

Last edited by a moderator:

Angel

~*~*~
Ohhh, this is a very good question. I'll share a piece of me. I must be feeling melancholy this evening.

I once loved somebody very deeply, so much so, that his very intake of breathe felt like it was mine. I was content, happy, sad, joyous, all the other emotions mixed into one. He was my safe haven. He was my life. In time, it become more contentment and some routine, but on whole it was a good thing and there was a connection between us that I thought could never be broken. I will say, I truly believe he was my "one true love".

He died.

It pretty much devasted my life. I had no more hopes nor dreams. I spent a year wallowing in self-pity, despair and alcohol.

I wound up marrying man who cared for me, and I tried to love him, but I couldn't. At least not in the way he deserved to be loved. We divorced on good terms. And I hope one day he finds the right woman for him. Even thu, he still asks me when he is feeling melancholy, to reconsider getting married again.

Since then, I have dated, but I haven't really tried to pursue a relationship for the long term. I never felt that same connection with anybody again. I doubt I ever will. They say, that with the passing of time, that your sense of what you need and want and will consider acceptable in a lifemate will change. Therefore, realistically, over time if you had a "true love" early in life, you should be able to find one again. I don't know if that is true. But there is a part of me that hopes it is.
i'm sorry... i'm telling you that is a novel waiting to happen! i'm sorry i said you sound bitter... here's some :flowers: that was deep... my man is many miles away for right now... you have helped me appreciate the fact that it's merely miles between me and him right now. now i must have another beer to wash down this foot that is in my mouth....

What's the difference?... Need details.
Being in love is : That you want to spend the rest of your life with that one person. Never cheating, never fibbing, never stealing. Being that person's BEST friend, their soulmate. So much in fact that u'd take a bullet for the person.

I have felt that way ONCE in my life. And i'm 27. :confused: