Constant Attention...

Angel

~*~*~
My dog seems to require all my attention... all the time... what do I do to break her of this????.... She's driving me crazy! Usually she's not so bad, but yesterday let me tell ya...
1. Dog decides to grab my box of Rit Whitening powder off the counter and eat it... (luckily it's mostly salt, I called poison controll, and then I kept a constant eye on her after to make sure she was okay.) Oh she was more then fine because she proceeded to do the following...
2. She grabs the spong out of the kitchen sink and decides to rip it to pieces all over the living room.
3. I take her outside and she decides to be a daredevil and almost jumps into our covered pool...
4. I'm cooking dinner and she decides to help herself to it while it's cooking!!!
Each incident occurs within' a minute of me having my back to her!!!!! I don't know what to do and I'm not sure what made her become the Spawn of Satan yesterday, but I give her attention and play with her all the time. For some reason it's not enough... ugh.....

Nanny Pam

Well, I'm no Vet, but it sounds like your dog needs a lot to eat (Rit whitening powder, sponges, & your dinner) and drink (jumped into the swimming pool)

So.....are you feeding & watering this dog?

Angel

~*~*~
lol... yup... she gets more then enough food and water.... I think I maybe over feeding her.... I give her the right amount of food for her weight and I give her treats, so... I'm not sure what her deal is...

bernsm

Your dog sounds as though she needs the following:

1) more exercise, which is why we need a dog park so badly

2) formal obedience training

3) your time and patience to teach her how to act around the house. Dogs don't come born with that knowledge - we must show them how we want them to behave.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by bernsm
Your dog sounds as though she needs the following:

1) A reading from the Etiquette Hell site, so she realizes what a drama queen she is.

2) Being made to watch a Hillary Clinton speech, so she sees for herself what desperately craving attention can do to one's personality.