Top 10 Nascar quotes of 2003

rebeka

This stuff just cracks me up. I don't get it at all! :confused:

I tuned in long enough Sunday to find out that one of the car just ran out of gas while racing.

THEY MAKE GAUGES FOR THAT! :banghead:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I was expecting to read quotes like "Jeff Gordon is a California sissyboy who doesn't belong in NASCAR." :lol:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by Tonio
I was expecting to read quotes like "Jeff Gordon is a California sissyboy who doesn't belong in NASCAR." :lol:

They're out there ... I just didn't link to the anti-Gordon sites. :biggrin:

That'd take the drama outta the finish. Plus, with the speeds they run, and the G's the cars pull, would the float actually work? I don't know, but I doubt it.

crabcake

Tater and I talked about this last night b/c I couldn't find anything explaining the absence of a fuel gauge. He explained that it's a competitive thing ... that Nascar doesn't allow them b/c they leave the math to the pit crew/crew chief to determine, and like Huntr said, it can make for an interesting finish.

"If we're going to keep fuel mileage racing, we might as well build solar cars and let the sun decide who wins." -- Tony Stewart #20

rebeka

Thanks for the education on the guage thing. But, I still can't watch rednecks doing laps without laughing.

crabcake

Originally posted by rebeka
Thanks for the education on the guage thing. But, I still can't watch rednecks doing laps without laughing.

it's not so much 'watching them go in laps' ... it's watching the rivalries that go on between drivers and teams, and seeing how much one will try to get away with when getting a little payback, coupled with the fact they have this kickazz fast vehicle at their controls operating at speeds of 150 mph. :biggrin:

and smalltown ... don't make me come over to your hood and beat you down, boy! :nono: