Performance Tuners

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Superchip or others.

Anyone here have any experience with them? Good or bad.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Actually..

I had in mind to get a little extra Horsepower for my 4X4.

theb0771.jpg

Parnel

Hypertech Power programmer. Gets rid of the rve limitor, raise shift points, change timing and some more things. It will run you about $325.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Hypertech was the second one I looked at. What kind of gain did you get in Torque/HP etc.?

Parnel

Originally posted by Kyle
Hypertech was the second one I looked at. What kind of gain did you get in Torque/HP etc.?

You will get a 15-20HP gain with the power programmer. But if your looking for torque, I used the Hypertech pulley system. Basically they decrease the size of the pulleys on the crank and on the altenator and give you a smaller size belt. This system give 10% gain at the rear wheels. You'll see a big difference on take off or pulling a trailor. I have both installed on a small block Chevy and still impressed with the reaction I get.

Last edited:
D

dreddstang

The hypertech and the Superchips tuners are good. I have used the superchips more, and alwasy seen results, but one word of advice..........

on a relativly stock application such as yours (meaning if you are not racing, changing cams, heads, ect), DO NOT ERASE THE REV LIMITER!!!!! They are there for a reason, mainly not blowing your car up! You can erase the speed limiter, and that is ok (although they are there for a reason, too. Usually it's because one part of your stock drivetrain is not strong enough to handle higher speeds than the limiter is set at, but if you are not maintaining those speeds for looong periods of time, you will probably be ok).

Anyway, good luck in your choice. :cheers: