Geneology

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by nomoney
Any one else here interested in this?:confused:
Yes my paternal grandmother has done this for that side of the family. I'm triing to get info from my mom's parents to do their side of the family. It's not going to easy:ohwell:

nomoney

Originally posted by Pete
Wouldn't geneology just be a more sophisticated baby momma thread?

yes; but by doing actual research as to who my daddy is- I appear to be more educated that way :shrug:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Ok, my horoscope says I'd be looking into a way to make my hobby into a business, so...

what'll you pay me to look up your family?

nomoney

Originally posted by Dymphna
Ok, my horoscope says I'd be looking into a way to make my hobby into a business, so...

what'll you pay me to look up your family?

I would love to do that as a job. During the spring/summer time I am way to busy to do anything-but in the winter I spend hours and hours looking up that crap. I already have my lines pretty far back. Its my husbands lines that are confusing as hell....he's a county boy...nuff said.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My husband's half-sister did quite extensive research on their family. I found it quite fascinating.

My mom told me there is a book out about St. Mary's County geneology that I'm in. I still need to find that book.

nomoney

Originally posted by jazz lady
My husband's half-sister did quite extensive research on their family. I found it quite fascinating.

My mom told me there is a book out about St. Mary's County geneology that I'm in. I still need to find that book.

they have a whole section at the leonardtown library. I'm sure you'd be able to find it there.

Dymphna

I would love to do that as a job. During the spring/summer time I am way to busy to do anything-but in the winter I spend hours and hours looking up that crap. I already have my lines pretty far back. Its my husbands lines that are confusing as hell....he's a county boy...nuff said.
His probably overlaps with mine. I've got parts of mine back over 1100 years. Other parts I can't get past 1900. :rolleyes:

Dymphna

Originally posted by jazz lady

PM me your maiden name, I bet I can find the name of the book and where to find it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
they have a whole section at the leonardtown library. I'm sure you'd be able to find it there.

Thanks. I think she said it was there. I've just never had the time to look. :ohwell:

dustin

UAIOE
Re: Genealogy

Any one else here interested in this?:confused:

I am, but don't have the time and just too lazy to go research it.

I also want a coat of arms, but my last name has a generic one that sucks...as far as what I have found on the net...

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Not to go reviving dead threads, but this is something I've been curious about....

Where do you guys look this stuff up? What if you aren't a county boy? Neither side of my family has been here past 2 generations (and I'm the second gen born here on my mom's side). I know I can't look my dad's side up, the information simply doesn't exist, but I'm curious how far I could go back on my mom's side.