Landscaping dillema

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Can someone recommend a good weed killer that I can put down on a mulched area that has Nandinas, Yews, Heather, Boxwoods, and one more bush I can't remember. When I went to lowes, they said all their stuff would probably kill my bushes too. :frown: JH mentioned one to me, but I can't remember the name of it.

TIA!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by huntr1
Won't round-up kill everything it touches?
You only use it on what you want to kill...dur... :dork:

There are different types for different plant usage, read the label.

:razz:

crabcake

Originally posted by Sharon
You only use it on what you want to kill...dur... :dork:

I've heard though that if you use it on a weed near a plant you don't wanna kill, that rain can carry it down to the roots and kill your plant, too. :frown:

JH mentioned some stuff you sprinkle (I think) around the flower bed. :confused:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by tatercake

JH mentioned some stuff you sprinkle (I think) around the flower bed. :confused:
I don't know what he mentioned, but the only stuff I know of that sprinkles is Preen. It doesn't kill weeds only prevents weed seeds from sprouting. I use that in my front beds because it's a PITA to try to pull weeds around rose bushes.

I've had no trouble at all with Roundup around my tomato and pepper plants at the garden.

crabcake

Originally posted by Sharon
I've had no trouble at all with Roundup around my tomato and pepper plants at the garden.

:yay: good deal ... I'd think they would be more "delicate" and susceptible to killing off from the Roundup than my bushes.

And I've noted the Preen too ... maybe I can sprinkle that stuff all over my yard. :lol: