CD player?

dustin

UAIOE
You are gonna need the wiring harness adaptor. Did you get a dashkit for it too? Or is it the same size DIN?

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by mainman
:confused: huh?

DIN refers to the size of the headunit (CD player).

I guess you already bought a CD player right?

The dashkit I speak of is needed sometimes, mostly in domestic vehicles, because the CD player is smaller than the hole in the dash, so you have to get this kit to fit the CD player in right. If its the same size DIN, you may not need the kit.

The wiring harness that you have on your vehicle is probably gonna be different from the one on the CD player. So you just can't go plug the connectors together.

You can either go by the wiring harness kit for that model CD player, so it hooks up to your factory wiring harness. Or you can cut off both plugs on the wiring harnesses and hardwire them together.

Do you have a subwoofer or an amp already installed in your vehicle as well? Because that can make installation a bit more tricky.

mainman

Set Trippin
Here is the story:

I have a CD player that I purchased about 2 yrs ago.
Idiot wife wrecked the car I had it installed in. I removed it along with the 4 speakers (2 rear and 2 door). I want to get it installed into my current vehicle. I do not plan on removing it from the vehicle, so I think it would be ok to hardwire it... What do ya think?

Parnel

Here is the story:

I have a CD player that I purchased about 2 yrs ago.
Idiot wife wrecked the car I had it installed in. I removed it along with the 4 speakers (2 rear and 2 door). I want to get it installed into my current vehicle. I do not plan on removing it from the vehicle, so I think it would be ok to hardwire it... What do ya think?

I recommend picking up the wire adaptor from Circuit City. Saves time during install. Not to mention it will stop alot of the guess work.

Circuit City will do installs, If you don't feel like doing it.

dustin

UAIOE
It should work...at least electrically...

But does the CD player (of the one you want to put in) have the same size faceplate as the one currently installed? ...close to it?

If so, I can put it in for ya.

The speakers on the other hand...that depends on how much room you have among other things.

Do you have only 4 speakers in the current vehicle? or six? or components?

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by Parnel
I recommend picking up the wire adaptor from Circuit City. Saves time during install. Not to mention it will stop alot of the guess work.

Circuit City will do installs, If you don't feel like doing it.
I wouldn't trust the guys at circuit city to wash my car, much less install my stereo.

Also, look for the wire adapter at Walmart, etc. first. Circuit City is more expensive. Same goes for the dashkit if you need one.

Parnel

Originally posted by Ehesef
I wouldn't trust the guys at circuit city to wash my car, much less install my stereo.

Also, look for the wire adapter at Walmart, etc. first. Circuit City is more expensive. Same goes for the dashkit if you need one.

I did my own install but the parts came from Circuit City.

another place to pick up parts
http://www.crutchfield.com

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by dustin
It should work...at least electrically...

But does the CD player (of the one you want to put in) have the same size faceplate as the one currently installed? ...close to it?

If so, I can put it in for ya.

The speakers on the other hand...that depends on how much room you have among other things.

Do you have only 4 speakers in the current vehicle? or six? or components?
I will check the size deal when I get home. There are 4 speakers in my current car. (2 rear and 2 door) and that is exactly what I want to replace.. I will let you know about the faceplate deal...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Dustin...

It doesn't count when you say it, you are biased...:roflmao:

Oh,

btw

-10 points...

-10 points, what are we being scored on? And I was just simply agreeing with someone else's valid opinion. :wink:

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Dustin...

Originally posted by Nickel
-10 points, what are we being scored on? And I was just simply agreeing with someone else's valid opinion. :wink:
You lose the 10 points for just using :yeahthat: and not saying anything else... :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Dustin...

You lose the 10 points for just using :yeahthat: and not saying anything else... :lmao:

:shrug: So I'm a loser, what of it? :lol: I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one standing on the corner waiting for the :shortbus:

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Dustin...

:shrug: So I'm a loser, what of it? :lol: I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one standing on the corner waiting for the :shortbus:
If Dustin hooked the radio up on the :shortbus:, than at least you will have good jams on the way to the asylum...:crazy:

dustin

UAIOE
Re: Hey Dustin...

Thanks.. You da man...

It sounds Great!!!!!!!!! :clap:

No prob dude :cheers:

You can be first in line. I'll be second... hitting myself in the head like this guy ---> :dork: and drooling on the back of your pant legs.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Hey Dustin...

Originally posted by dustin
You can be first in line. I'll be second... hitting myself in the head like this guy ---> :dork: and drooling on the back of your pant legs.

Don't you do that every day? :confused:
:lmao: