New thread, happy thread!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Bear's favorite toy is the ball.  Most of the time he carries one around with him (inside and outside) just in case someone will give it a throw.  One afternoon we had been outside in the yard for awhile and I was getting ready to go in.  He was off in the woods somewhere nearby and I called to him.  Well it seems he misplaced his ball and he came prancing home with a box turtle instead.  He gently laid it at my feet with a "lookie what I found---a walking ball" face.  Ever since then, he has brought me quite a few turtles from the woods.
~~~~~

Another habit he has, is putting his ball in his food bowl.  Whether there is food in the bowl or not there is always a ball in there.  His cookie jar is under his raised food table and he knows he can't have any unless he finishes his meal.  One day he played a trick on us by covering his food with all the balls from his toy box just to get a cookie.
~~~~~

When I spend too much time on the computer he will sneak up on me and shove my hand off the keyboard with his nose.  I keep another box of cookies in my lower desk drawer and he will sit there and give his paw until I open the drawer and get him a cookie.
~~~~~

In the mornings, he comes into the bedroom and noses me in the face, to wake me up for his walk.  If I ignore him, he comes back about 5 minutes later and does it again.  Who needs an alarm clock?
~~~~~  

When he was a puppy, I took him with me to the store.  I left him in the car by himself while I was gone for about 45 minutes.  When I returned and opened the door, he was still lying on the back seat instead of greeting me with his usual "standing tail waggle".  This struck me as strange and I wondered if he wasn't feeling well.  I thought maybe a treat would cheer him up so I opened the console to get out some cookies and the whole bag was gone--disappeared.  I looked around and nothing was out of place and then he moved on the seat.  Underneath him were the wrappers from the cookie bag and nary a crumb!  Just a guilty look on his face.

Little did I know then, but I would see this face quite a few times when I returned home and he was bad.  Instead of greeting me at the door he would wait at the top of the steps with a quilty look on his face.  Usually he would just get into the trash, but he knew!  He hates being called a "bad dog", it really hurts his feelings, so he behaves pretty well now.
~~~~~

He has a birthday party every year and all the kids from the neighborhood come over to wish him a "Happy Birthday" and eat cake and ice cream.  I'm sure that's enough for now, but that dog has quite some character.

S

ShellyCW

Awww, Sharon, your dog sounds adorable;  except for the misbehaving parts.  :smile:

We only have one 2 yr. old calico cat, so far, but she is the source of much entertainment.  Other than pretending to be snootily independent Gypsy (sometimes called Furry Purry or Chairman Meow) doesn't act much like a cat.  She comes when *I* call her and wags her tail when she's happy.  She is so fascinated with water that she'll crawl into the bathroom sink and cuddle up until we finally turn the spicket on for her to drink from.  She perches on the side of the tub while the water is running and leans over precariously just to get her head under the stream.  One morning she even jumped into the shower with my husband and sat there in an inch of water calmly daring him to throw her out.  :silly:

S

ShellyCW

Actually, her coat is mostly grey.  Here's a pic of her practicing her Oscar award winning death scene:
http://pictures.care2.com/view/2/867948066

The real redheaded behavior is provided by the hubby.  :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I used to have a cat, Boris Buford Badinoff Kitty (aka The Berf or Buford Pusser), and she used to play fetch with the plastic rings off the gallon milk jugs and with tennis balls.  She would chase the kids in the neighborhood and try to steal their balls when playing outside.

The cat I have now, Jack, brings me "gifts".  She has brought me butterflys, mice, moles and the worst being a baby copperhead she brought in the house ~ very much alive!  :eek:

Sharon - My dog does a lot of the same things as yours, even bringing me the turtle from the woods!  

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Pictures, Oh Boy, this could be interesting. Anyway here is a picture of the current holder of our heart. His name is Taz, a Red Chow Chow.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Appyday,

No, I will not get him cut down. I will put a wading pool in the yard and give him a cool spa or bring him into the A/C but I have read that due to the light skin he can literally cook in the hot sun if his protective coat is cut to close.

On a cuter note when Taz is sitting in the living room we turn on the overhead fan to generate more of a breeze for him and with the central air he keeps from panting indoors. If I shut the fan off he almost makes himself dizzy watching it slow down and then will give me a look that makes it clear to me that he wants it on. So, I’ll just spoil him. For the times we expect to have to leave him outside in the summer I have been working on a cool pad for his shelter that uses a 12 volt windshield washer pump that cycles water through his bedding to a ice cooler that chills the water and gives him a cool place to lay. I might be able to have it fully completed and tested in a few days.

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Cute pics, everyone! Karaalexis, no clue why the pic isn't showing. Maybe try it again? Let's see if my pic shows up. This is a shot of my boyfriend's dog (on the left) and my dog (on the right), both golden retrievers.

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Here are a few of my wet pets. My aquatic photography skills are severely lacking, though! This is my breeding pair of clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris).

Ok lets see if this pic works...here is Diesel again.
059da640.jpg

Last edited:

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Thanks for the compliments, folks! Kara, your dog is gorgeous. Her eyes are almost human! Appyday - they're just laying eggs so far. They started on Valentine's Day (too cute) and have laid three clutches after that one. I can tell when the eggs are going to hatch - they start out orange, turn darker, and then get very silvery on hatching day. But they hatch at night, so I've never caught any fry, and none have survived otherwise. I'm doing research here and there on raising baby clowns, so in the future I might be able to raise some little ones!

Diesel says thanks for all the nice compliments.

I am actually looking to sell him if anyone is interested. I am going back to work and we just don't have the time to spend with him. And it's wrong to keep him kenneled all day. I really hate to get rid of him but I feel it would suit him better. His ad in listed in the classifieds if your interested.