USMC drops second female from infantry course

Misfit

Lawful neutral
USMC drops second female from infantry course - Marine Corps News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Marine Corps Times

The Marine Corps’ effort to evaluate whether more combat jobs should open to women marked another milestone last week when the second of two female volunteers washed out of infantry officer training.

A second lieutenant, she was dropped from the program Friday after failing to complete required training due to unspecified medical reasons, a Marine official told Marine Corps Times. It’s unclear whether she was injured or if she became ill.

The other volunteer, also a second lieutenant, dropped out Sept. 28 after she was unable to complete the program’s introductory combat endurance test. Nearly 30 men also washed out on the first day.

BOP

Don't worry, they'll lower the standards

First they'll have to study the ethnic makeup of the 30 men who were DOR'ed to make sure the standards apply fairness to everyone. Maybe we can get Florida to grade it for us.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Women shouldn't be allowed in combat situations.

2 thoughts, I think congress and the administration should listen to the commanders and what they think. They can ask the commanders to help address the political ramifications, but I believe in the end, the commanders would provide the best balance on the issue.

I've wonder since the push for equality why women are still exempt from selective serivce. MEN, of age must register, but there is no requirement for women to regiister.

If the decision is to allow women into these positions, then they must meet the same requirements as the men.

If we are concern about sex, well then hetro females can be matched with homo males and vice versa :D