Cell phone service

mitzi

Anyone is St. Mary's experiencing cell problems this afternoon. I haven't had a signal since about 12:30. Figures, since I JUST let the landline go.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Always experiencing cell problems in east Tall Timbers. Nothing different today than any other day.

Virgin Mobile. I know this is an idiot question but do they all use the same towers?

They might share or rent space on a tower, but they don't use the same electronics.

The caveat to that is some small and pre-pay companies buy resources/time from major carriers to carry their service.

mitzi

They might share or rent space on a tower, but they don't use the same electronics.

The caveat to that is some small and pre-pay companies buy resources/time from major carriers to carry their service.

So now I'm getting "network unavailable" and it's searching for a signal. This means the problem is on their end? I know these are idiot questions, but I never used the cell much before. I JUST decided to get rid of the landline and use the cell only. I just checked the old Tracfone I had and it has a full signal. I want my landline back. :bawl:

So now I'm getting "network unavailable" and it's searching for a signal. This means the problem is on their end? I know these are idiot questions, but I never used the cell much before. I JUST decided to get rid of the landline and use the cell only. I just checked the old Tracfone I had and it has a full signal. I want my landline back. :bawl:

You should probably be calling the Virgin Mobile help line. It's very possible your phone was disabled.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Are you sure you're in their coverage area? I live in a dead zone in my neighborhood that only Verizon seems to reach with any reliability.

mitzi

Are you sure you're in their coverage area? I live in a dead zone in my neighborhood that only Verizon seems to reach with any reliability.

Yes I am. I've had the phone for awhile but didn't use it much until I got rid of the landline. I was receiving calls on it this morning. This afternoon I've had 3 calls go straight to voicemail, never rang and no signal to check anything. Just the network unavailable. I'll assume Sprint is having a problem for the time being, it's just very frustrating. I went with the flow of everyone getting rid of the landline and using the cell only, bad decision.

Katt

Try a reboot. Sometimes that might require you to pop the battery and restart or just turn off and then turn back on. Works for me when that happens.

ylexot

Super Genius
You should probably invest in a good cellular provider if you are going to get rid of your land line.

C

czygvtwkr

Straight talk uses the AT&T or Verizon network depending on which phone you buy. After my contract is up I plan on going to them.