I am so pizzed I could bite a 10 penny nail in half

Pete

Repete
I am sitting at work minding my own business and the phone rings at 3:40. It is my beloved little boy who I took to enjoy Easter with his mother this weekend. He is sobbing and snorting and begging me to stay another day. I remind him that he has school tomorrow. He doesn’t care, he wants to “just be absent” because he doesn’t get to see him mom enough. I tell him to calm down so we can talk but he is now sobbing harder. I tell him that he got to see his mom last weekend and this weekend too and even got an extra day. The sobbing continues. He puts his mother on the phone and I ask WTF is going on? She starts with the “I am innocent, that he wouldn’t even talk to me for the last hour, he won’t change out of his swim suit, he wont get dressed, he wont get his things together.” I say it is dirty pool for you to have him call me sobbing and begging so I CAN BE THE BAD GUY AND SAY NO. She changes the subject and says “Why doesn’t he have a week off for Easter? They have the week off here.” I remind her that I am only a resident of the county and state and that I do not make the schedule, I merely follow it. Then she says why not let him miss a day of school and let him stay? I respond #1. It only lets boy know that school is not that important and he can skip it when something fun comes up. #2. By letting him get his way now that he has thrown a fit he will learn that fits work. So then boy gets back on the phone, begging more. I tell him that I am not going to and I cannot discuss anything with him while he is sobbing and carrying on. I told him to calm down, go blow his nose and I would call him back in 10 minutes and we would TALK about it. She gets back on the phone and asks what is up? I say I will call back in 10 minutes and talk to boy about it when he is calm. She starts ranting about not wanting to be on the road until 10PM because they have to leave NOW so to call back in 5 minutes. I walk around the hall and call back. Her daughter (21 year old welfare queen with an illegitimate kid) answers and says they already left to come here. (3 hour trip on a good day) I said I told them I was calling back in 5 minutes to talk to boy about it. She retorts “Well you already said no”.

1. I am soooo pizzed that she allowed boy to call me begging and crying so I could be the bad guy and say no. She needs to BE A FREAKING PARENT and not his pal. Exercise some GD parental control and make him do what you say!

2. If she thought for a minute I would say yes, she should have had the OVARIES to call and discuss it with me and then let the boy know what WE decided together. I should have NEVER had that discussion with him like that.

3. WTF is she doing waiting until 4PM to leave to drive 3+ hours in the rain. And how the eff is it my problem now that she will be driving late tonight. We discussed it before I left her place on Friday and told her to TRY NOT to get here before 4 but if she did call me and I would come home from work. She said NO PROBLEM I will have him home about 5.

4. There was a 70% chance I would have let him come home tomorrow and miss a day at school, if she had hung around for 5 minutes like I said.

5. Boy NEVER throws fits.

6. So now I get to sit here for 3 hours, worried about then driving in rush hour through Wilmington and Baltimore in the rain. He will get here at about 8, tired, upset and hungry and I will have to fix it and be grumped at and the target of his anger because I AM THE BAD MAN WHO WONT LET HIM STAY.

7. On top of everything else the wench is $ 3, 354.89 behind in child support. Has not paid a dime since 5/1/2003 when she quit her job to stop garnishment, and has NEVER paid voluntarily. $55.76 a week is just too much for her yet she can pay for a health club membership, go out every Thursday night, and I have never been to her house when dropping off the boy when there were not at least 3 QVC boxes on the table.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by RoseRed
:poorbaby:
I am soooo glad it takes 3 hours to get here because if anyone needs a HUGE kick right square in the azz it is her. In my current mood I would be happy to oblige.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Pete
I am soooo glad it takes 3 hours to get here because if anyone needs a HUGE kick right square in the azz it is her. In my current mood I would be happy to oblige.

If she hints about spending the night because it is so late, send her on down to the classy A&E Motel on GM Road.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
:huggy: Pete ... I soooo feel your pain buddy. :frown: It sux being made the bad guy/gal with your kids b/c the other bio-parent is a smacked azz. You have my sympathies.

I'm such a bizitch, I'd tell Boy when he gets home the reason it's so important for him to go to school is so he doesn't end up a deadbeat loser ... like his mama.

Okay ... you can't say that, but as the 'bad parent' you so feel like you wanna. :ohwell:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by Pete

1. I am soooo pizzed that she allowed boy to call me begging and crying so I could be the bad guy and say no. She needs to BE A FREAKING PARENT and not his pal. Exercise some GD parental control and make him do what you say!

2. If she thought for a minute I would say yes, she should have had the OVARIES to call and discuss it with me and then let the boy know what WE decided together. I should have NEVER had that discussion with him like that.

5. Boy NEVER throws fits.

Pete, having read the entire post, I'm thinking "what are the odds that your ex-spouse was the one who initiated or at least encouraged the boy to make that phone call?"

I sympathize with the pain you're enduring, but in a calmer time, I would get on the phone to her and "explain" that you'd better not - ever recieve a call from the boy like that one again.

I'll say a prayer for their safe trip home tonight.

Pete

Repete
Re: Re: I am so pizzed I could bite a 10 penny nail in half

Originally posted by penncam
Pete, having read the entire post, I'm thinking "what are the odds that your ex-spouse was the one who initiated or at least encouraged the boy to make that phone call?"

I sympathize with the pain you're enduring, but in a calmer time, I would get on the phone to her and "explain" that you'd better not - ever recieve a call from the boy like that one again.

I'll say a prayer for their safe trip home tonight.
I doubt she put him up to calling, but I am sure she did nothing to dissuade it either. He probably wanted to call because I am the PARENT, and she has no authority because she just wants to be a pal so she doesn't assert any parental control or authority.

this is not the first time it has happened. It happened a long time ago and I talked to her then, I talk to her until I am blue in the face. It does no good.

This is a perfect example of being nice to a loser and they take, take, take and just end up a bigger loser.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by cariblue
The first question that comes to my mind is what caused him to get so spun up before he called? He must have been a basket case before he even picked up the phone.
:shrug: This is what I was kinda thinking too, Pete.

One of your "points" stated the boy never throws fits.

Seems a little fishy that he would start now.

Pete, I'm sorry, I also realize this does nothing to alleviate your concern for the boys' safe return home.:frown:

K

Kizzy

She starts with the “I am innocent, that he wouldn’t even talk to me for the last hour, he won’t change out of his swim suit, he wont get dressed, he wont get his things together.”

Then 5 minutes later you call and the daughter says they already left because you said "no." :confused: This strikes me as dirty game play and that that she really hadn't left yet, she made you out to be the fall guy already so her mission was accomplished.

I have 2 boys, no way in hell she gathered up his things, got him out of his swimsuit, changed his cloths, got his shoes on and left all in 5 minutes especially in the boys state of mind, upset, sobbing. I doubt my child(ren) would move that fast if I said we were going to 6 Flags or Hyperspace.

No need to remind you, she is the boy’s mother, pulling her aside and telling her point blank is something that must be done, you've always been the superior one in all of this showing that you are the more responsible parent and that your first priority has been him, not the gym, not QVC, not going out to the club, not job hopping to avoid contributing to his care, but him.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:cool: Again, I'm not at all sure you would want to lay the law down for her when she walks through the door with the boy.

Not an opportune time to "get into it", I would think. The boy will be right there, so there's no way to isolate him from the row.

Wait until you're more calmer, less anxious; don't lose it in front of the boy; but I'd expect you'd know that already.:biggrin:

If you are inclined to tell her your feelings on todays' occurence, is there any chance of a sitter being available, while you two take a walk, or go somewhere to discuss the matter?

Otherwise, you'd be advised to tackle it another time, buddy.:smile:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Pete: It is what it is. You know exactly what the deal is with her. This won't be the last time this happens.

My advice: When your son comes through the door, grab him and give him a hug, tell him you missed him and are happy he got home safely. Tell the witch to have a safe trip home and be done with it. Tomorrow after school you could address it gently, without making a big deal out of it. He is, after all, only 6. If he pouts, fine. Let him. Sometimes, I think they have things to sort out when going from one parent to the other. You might even ask him if he wants to discuss it. If not, I wouldn't push it. You must remain consistent and let him know what you expect of him and that throwing fits won't be tolerated. She won't help your cause but over time, your son will understand.

Of course, you're still gonna be livid and all of our advice can't make that go away. AND I am the queen of worry. :huggy:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I'm sorry that you're going through this crap, Pete. I'll be keeping them both (especially your little man) in my thoughts as they travel the wet roads this evening.

If this crap is any indication of how she conducted herself during your marriage, it's no wonder that you divorced her.

But it is a very fortunate thing that your son has such a dynamic and caring father.

:huggy:

Pete

Repete
OK, the drama is over. Boy and his egg donor pulled up at 7. Boy got out and sheepishly came over and gave me a big hug and smootch. He was severely embarassed about how he acted.

Seems this all started when she promissed him that she would take him swimming, then she recanted after he was all suited up to go. He got pretty mad at her, even slipped in a "I hate you". Then the fit started.

I hugged boy and told him it was ok and that we would talk later. She acted like nothing ever happened. When we started discussing it she basically blames the whole episode on him. I talked to him about how he acted, and that she was his mother and he was not going to talk to her like that, and that when she told him to do something he was to do it just as if it were me telling him. She was standing there when we discussed it.

After she left I let boy know that he was responsible for the way he acted, but the entire situation was not his fault.

He is right back to being the lovable little dude.

Egg donor and I will have a talk in a few days. She was already planning the next visits right here in front of him. That may change.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by cariblue
When they walk in the door you should say, "If you had waited 5 minutes I was going say he could stay."
He did say he heard I called. :confused: She has no cell so how did he know if they left already. He asked if I was going to let him stay. I started to say yes but I stuck to the truth and said no.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by penncam
:cool: Again, I'm not at all sure you would want to lay the law down for her when she walks through the door with the boy.

Not an opportune time to "get into it", I would think. The boy will be right there, so there's no way to isolate him from the row.

Wait until you're more calmer, less anxious; don't lose it in front of the boy; but I'd expect you'd know that already.:biggrin:

If you are inclined to tell her your feelings on todays' occurence, is there any chance of a sitter being available, while you two take a walk, or go somewhere to discuss the matter?

Otherwise, you'd be advised to tackle it another time, buddy.:smile:
I didn't lose it. When I did talk about it I did it in a calm fatherly manner. One kid got the point the other KID didn't.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by cattitude
Pete: It is what it is. You know exactly what the deal is with her. This won't be the last time this happens.

My advice: When your son comes through the door, grab him and give him a hug, tell him you missed him and are happy he got home safely. Tell the witch to have a safe trip home and be done with it. Tomorrow after school you could address it gently, without making a big deal out of it. He is, after all, only 6. If he pouts, fine. Let him. Sometimes, I think they have things to sort out when going from one parent to the other. You might even ask him if he wants to discuss it. If not, I wouldn't push it. You must remain consistent and let him know what you expect of him and that throwing fits won't be tolerated. She won't help your cause but over time, your son will understand.

Of course, you're still gonna be livid and all of our advice can't make that go away. AND I am the queen of worry. :huggy:
It's over, I addressed it quickly and calmly. Thanks for the thoughts.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by BadGirl
I'm sorry that you're going through this crap, Pete. I'll be keeping them both (especially your little man) in my thoughts as they travel the wet roads this evening.

If this crap is any indication of how she conducted herself during your marriage, it's no wonder that you divorced her.

But it is a very fortunate thing that your son has such a dynamic and caring father.

:huggy:
awww thanks

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by tatercake
:huggy: Pete ... I soooo feel your pain buddy. :frown: It sux being made the bad guy/gal with your kids b/c the other bio-parent is a smacked azz. You have my sympathies.

I'm such a bizitch, I'd tell Boy when he gets home the reason it's so important for him to go to school is so he doesn't end up a deadbeat loser ... like his mama.

Okay ... you can't say that, but as the 'bad parent' you so feel like you wanna. :ohwell:
You have no idea how many times "Your mama is a rotton wench" almost rolled off my lips.:biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dear Pete,

Get used to it because it's not going to change anytime soon. You will ALWAYS be the parent and she will be Good Time Charlie for another 8 years or so. The good news is that Boy will be an adult for a lot longer than he's a child so you'll get the better end of the deal.

Trust me on this and don't be afraid to be the "bad guy".

I feel your pain,
Vrai

My story to follow....