Horse Mauled by Dogs in Calvert County

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Anyone else hear about this? It's been on the radio several times today. It appears that the 800 pound horse living in Prince Frederick was attacked and sustained over 30 major wounds. The owner said some pitbulls had been bothering her horses for a few months now, but the police haven't found any evidence of any local dogs that were involved. Hopefully they'll find whatever animal(s) is responsible for it. The owner asked that the 15 year old horse be put down b/c the injuries were so terrible. :sad:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
It said they were looking for a 40-50 pound dog. I might be naive but I find it hard to think that a dog that size could do that much damage to a horse. Maybe it tore arteries in its legs or something. I'd be interested to hear the details. I have a friend who lives at the end of Adelina who has a HUGE horse farm, but I don't think it was her.

Christy

b*tch rocket
On the radio this morning it stated "a pack of dogs", and in fear of the wrath of Pixie, I'll not mention the breed. :whistle:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Christy
On the radio this morning it stated "a pack of dogs", and in fear of the wrath of Pixie, I'll not mention the breed. :whistle:

I ain't skeered :lol:, I mentioned the breed in my 1st post...she knows I'm afraid of 'em. :shrug: I can't help it. :ohwell:

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
When all said in done,I think you will hear that is was a group of canines,but not a domestic kind.

All I will say,so not to scare anyone.And yes,I got alot of facts on this.Just waiting for a call to take care of the problem...May never come.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by PFgal
I ain't skeered

:yeahthat:

A pack of pitbulls is a lot more dangerous than a pack of retrievers, just by the fact of the jaw power of a pittbull vs. a retriever.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by James White
When all said in done,I think you will hear that is was a group of canines,but not a domestic kind.

All I will say,so not to scare anyone.And yes,I got alot of facts on this.Just waiting for a call to take care of the problem...May never come.

Thank you!

And for all of you buttheads out there. I'd be willing to be that damn near anytime someone sees an aggressive dog and they can't determine the breed they're automatically labled a "Pit Bull".

You're all upsetting Mily BTW. Especially you Cat. Your Boxer has the same power in it's jaws then a Pit Bull. :frown:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Especially you Cat.

Get a grip, Pix. You're imprinting your over sensitivity on your dog.:bubble:

Please point out where I have spoken badly about Pitts.

calamity jane

Mr. White, what do you mean when you refer to a group of canines but not the domestic type? Non- domestic canines are wolves and coyotes, right? I would love to know what details you have about that.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by calamity jane
Mr. White, what do you mean when you refer to a group of canines but not the domestic type? Non- domestic canines are wolves and coyotes, right? I would love to know what details you have about that.
look here

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
CJane,
I cannot comment at this time,But put two and two together..

There should be a press release soon by the Calvert County Sheriffs dept,on an update on this.

I will say leave Pix alone about her pit bulls,Wasnt any involved in this ,as was being reported.

Sorry cant say much more at this point in time.

calamity jane

CMC122, thanks for the link to coyote info. I knew they were here, of course, but I was shocked to read that they attack and prey on livestock. The place where the horse was attacked by whatever, as yet undetermined, animals is very near me. I'll be watching for the press announcement from the sherrif's dept.
I guess you all saw in the paper about the horse being put down.