Assault: Marine thinks vets wheelchair is costume

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Christopher Dabney arrested after assaulting disabled Army veteran | Gainesville.com

"I was in line waiting for food, and the next thing I know I'm holding my jaw because it hurt. My jaw and neck are still hurting," Priotti said Thursday afternoon. "I'm totally shocked that somebody would just come up to me and knock me out. The guy is an idiot. It is unbecoming of a Marine."

The guy to whom Priotti referred is Christopher Dabney, who police say took offense at what Priotti was wearing — a uniform while in a wheelchair — and attacked Priotti in the restaurant at about 2:20 a.m.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I am NOT justifying this Marine's actions, but did you see how this "vet" (who was not injured in the military) dressed for Halloween?

I think ANYONE, who had lost a loved one, had buddies die, or knows anything
about the military would not exhibit such shocking poor taste.

My first impression of this "Halloweeen" costume is that it's making fun of wounded soldiers.

I would be offended. I wouldn't knock the guy out, but I sure as crap would have been vocal. I can also see why somebody would knock him out.

My two cents.

Attachments

• bilde.jpg
    bilde.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 168

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Wow. Gainesville. Home of the limpid lizards of UF.

PTSD maybe? Or just alcohol/drugs?

Nobody has any edge on Fl when it comes to news of the weird.

glhs837

Power with Control
This was the intersection of "Didnt think it through" and "Acting without thinking". Notice the key word in both things?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Too bad he wasn't around Chris Brown at 2:20 am, but I guess a guy in a wheelchair is a safer target.

Chris Brown Shocks Fans With Controversial Taliban Costume At Rihanna's Halloween Bash - Yahoo! omg! UK

One has to believe that wheeling yourself around in a military uniform, on halloween, would be a spoof on the military, right?

Ya think Chris Brown would have taken the Marine dude in a pink tutu to be one of the 72 virgins?

That would be an interesting result.

Last edited: