The Twilight Zone

BuddyLee

Football addict
Anyone like any of the old black and white episodes?:confused:

Im a big fan! Some of my favorite episodes are 'nightmare at 20,000 feet' where the little gremlin is on the wing of the plane tearing it to pieces and only the paranoid man next to the window see's it.

I also like the one where Agnes Moorehead plays a house wife. A small alien space craft lands on her roof and she has to defend her home while they attack her with knives and other things of that sort.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I love the old episodes, although they used to scare the snot out of me when I was a kid. I'm definitely a sci-fi fan. :yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by jazz lady
I love the old episodes, although they used to scare the snot out of me when I was a kid. I'm definitely a sci-fi fan. :yay:

You can even buy the episodes now. Ive picked up 8 or 10 at yard sales and from EBAY.:smile:

Every now and again they will play a few on the SciFi channel.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Another big fan here! :howdy: My two favorites are:

The one where the little kid (who later went on to become Will Robinson on Lost in Space) has weird powers and "wishes" people to be dead or turn into monsters. "You better stop thinking those bad thoughts..." That was one creepy kid.

And the one where the space aliens land and convince everyone they're friendly once the humans discover their alien book "How to Serve Man". The aliens talk the humans into coming back to their planet and people are lining up...until a scientist comes running up - "I've cracked the alien language the book is written in...IT'S A COOKBOOK!!!!!" :yikes: :lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Another big fan here! :howdy: My two favorites are:

The one where the little kid (who later went on to become Will Robinson on Lost in Space) has weird powers and "wishes" people to be dead or turn into monsters. "You better stop thinking those bad thoughts..." That was one creepy kid.

And the one where the space aliens land and convince everyone they're friendly once the humans discover their alien book "How to Serve Man". The aliens talk the humans into coming back to their planet and people are lining up...until a scientist comes running up - "I've cracked the alien language the book is written in...IT'S A COOKBOOK!!!!!" :yikes: :lol:

I also like the creepy kid one. I really want to see the space alien/cookbook one. Ive heard of it but ive never caught it on T.V.

I remember one other episode where the sun kept getting closer to earth each day and New York was abadoned because it was so hot and everyone was fleeing to the colder parts of the world. There were a few people left in the city but at the end glass was breaking and oil paintings were melting and they died from the heat.

One other is this woman who gets surgery on her face. The whole time everyone such as the doctors and nurses and even her are wondering what her new face will look like. They all hope that it is not grotesque. Needless to say you never see the doctors or nurses faces until the end. They take the bandages off and it is a very beautiful face. However, the doctors and nurses look in horror. The camera then turns to they're faces and they are the ones with the grotesque faces. The key moral and name to the tale was 'eye of the beholder'. Good one nonetheless.:dance:

W

Wenchy

Originally posted by BuddyLee
Anyone like any of the old black and white episodes?:confused:

Im a big fan! Some of my favorite episodes are 'nightmare at 20,000 feet' where the little gremlin is on the wing of the plane tearing it to pieces and only the paranoid man next to the window see's it.

I also like the one where Agnes Moorehead plays a house wife. A small alien space craft lands on her roof and she has to defend her home while they attack her with knives and other things of that sort.

That first episode you mentioned--they made a movie out of it--hate to say it was more terrifying in color.

I love it when Sci-Fi channel does the 24 hour marathons--I sit there spellbound . They usually do this during the holidays.
24 hours of THE TWILIGHT ZONE! I think I've seen them all!
PS: I don't fly anymore because "I SEE GREMLINS!":biggrin:

W

Wenchy

I can really relate to the one where there was some kind of holocaust and the guy loved to read---he found a library and was in heaven, until his glasses broke:barf:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Wench
I can really relate to the one where there was some kind of holocaust and the guy loved to read---he found a library and was in heaven, until his glasses broke:barf:

That reminds me of the episode where this man receives a stop watch. The man soon finds out that it stops everything in its place but himself when he clicks the stop watch. The man does many things including robbing a bank while using the stop watch to his advantage. He walks outside and clicks the stop watch back after the bank robbery and it is broken. He screams and yells for someone to come back to motion. He is in essence lonely and will never have anyone to interact with. The moral of this story is dont use the power you may receive to seek a great advantage over others.:dance:

John Z

if you will
So many of these Twilight Zones are classics that I think the Simpsons have spoofed every one of them! :biggrin:

B

baswm

BuddyLee said:
my favorite episodes are 'nightmare at 20,000 feet' where the little gremlin is on the wing of the plane tearing it to pieces and only the paranoid man next to the window see's it.
QUOTE]

That man was William Shatner who later went on to become Capt. Kirk.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I haven't seen any episodes in years, but I liked that show. Many episodes had "twist" endings like the old E.C. science fiction comics, except witih much better scripts.

Triggerfish

BuddyLee said:
Some of my favorite episodes are 'nightmare at 20,000 feet' where the little gremlin is on the wing of the plane tearing it to pieces and only the paranoid man next to the window see's it.

That one was a classic. Didn't they remake that? I also enjoyed the old Outer Limits.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Triggerfish said:
That one was a classic. Didn't they remake that? I also enjoyed the old Outer Limits.
I believe they have done remakes of that episode in particular on the 80's Twilight Zone episodes, The Twilight Zone (the movie), and many parodies.