Something to feel good about for a change

Homer J

Power Chord
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — When fourth-grader Koregan Quintanilla was talking with his classmates about where they wanted to go more than anyplace else in the world, his answer wasn't an amusement park, sporting event or kids restaurant. It was "his" fire station.

Koregan was abandoned in 2002 at an Arlington fire station when he was just a few hours old. Texas' Baby Moses law allows a parent to leave an unharmed infant up to 60 days old at a fire station or hospital with no questions asked. Child Protective Services then takes custody of the babies.

Abandoned boy meets Texas fireman who saved him - Yahoo! News

Dakota

~~~~~~~
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — When fourth-grader Koregan Quintanilla was talking with his classmates about where they wanted to go more than anyplace else in the world, his answer wasn't an amusement park, sporting event or kids restaurant. It was "his" fire station.

Koregan was abandoned in 2002 at an Arlington fire station when he was just a few hours old. Texas' Baby Moses law allows a parent to leave an unharmed infant up to 60 days old at a fire station or hospital with no questions asked. Child Protective Services then takes custody of the babies.

Abandoned boy meets Texas fireman who saved him - Yahoo! News

That made me tear up... and it doesn't help that John Mellencamp's song 'everyone needs a hand to hold on to' is playing on the radio right now.

Dontel58

That made me tear up... and it doesn't help that John Mellencamp's song 'everyone needs a hand to hold on to' is playing on the radio right now.

It made me tear up too. At least the biological mother did the right thing and gave the baby a chance:).

dontknowwhy

It made me tear up too. At least the biological mother did the right thing and gave the baby a chance:).

This mother did NOT do the right thing. She gave up her child...therefore she gave up her opportunity to entitlements from her state!! She coulda been provided with section 8 housing assistance, food stamps, money to get by on, a cell phone...and coulda given this child to the creepy single guy next door whenever she felt she just had to have a break & go clubbing every Thurs. thru Sunday!!

You'll have to forgive me...I recently switched political affiliations...

This mother did NOT do the right thing. She gave up her child...therefore she gave up her opportunity to entitlements from her state!! She coulda been provided with section 8 housing assistance, food stamps, money to get by on, a cell phone...and coulda given this child to the creepy single guy next door whenever she felt she just had to have a break & go clubbing every Thurs. thru Sunday!!

You'll have to forgive me...I recently switched political affiliations...

Yeah because that's the "right" thing to do. Besides, then the complaint would be about much it was costing you to raise her baby.