POW/MIA Flag Dedicated in Charles County

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
On Tuesday, Sept. 25, the Charles County Board of Commissioners and the Charles County Sheriff's Office held a ceremony to recognize the sacrifices and services of our military servicemen and women who were prisoners of war (POW) or are missing in action (MIA). A POW/MIA flag was raised in dedication to all POWs and in remembrance of Francis DeSales Wills, who is Charles County's only listed MIA. James Shekleton, a member of the Rolling Thunder, Maryland Chapter inspired this vision. The ceremony was held on the grounds of the Charles County Government Building in La Plata.

Charles County is the first county in Maryland to officially fly the POW/MIA at local government buildings.

Photo: Francis "Frankie" Clark, son of Francis DeSales Wills, carries the POW/MIA flag presented to the Wills family.

Attachments

• 318.jpg
    318.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 116

RPMDAD

On Tuesday, Sept. 25, the Charles County Board of Commissioners and the Charles County Sheriff's Office held a ceremony to recognize the sacrifices and services of our military servicemen and women who were prisoners of war (POW) or are missing in action (MIA). A POW/MIA flag was raised in dedication to all POWs and in remembrance of Francis DeSales Wills, who is Charles County's only listed MIA. James Shekleton, a member of the Rolling Thunder, Maryland Chapter inspired this vision. The ceremony was held on the grounds of the Charles County Government Building in La Plata.

Charles County is the first county in Maryland to officially fly the POW/MIA at local government buildings.

Photo: Francis "Frankie" Clark, son of Francis DeSales Wills, carries the POW/MIA flag presented to the Wills family.

Utmost respect meant here with this post, I salute Francis DeSales Wills and his family, and all other veterans and families, who have served this country.
Just wanted to point out that in Calvert County i have noticed that the POW/MIA Flag has flown there on the flagpoles in front of both the courthouses for several years.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Utmost respect meant here with this post, I salute Francis DeSales Wills and his family, and all other veterans and families, who have served this country.
Just wanted to point out that in Calvert County i have noticed that the POW/MIA Flag has flown there on the flagpoles in front of both the courthouses for several years.

I think they meant, "local county government building".

Last edited: