Making conversation on a date

C

czygvtwkr

I've never been any good making conversation, anyone got any suggestions to keep the words flowing on a first (blind) date with someone?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by czygvtwkr
I've never been any good making conversation, anyone got any suggestions to keep the words flowing on a first (blind) date with someone?

I am by no means a social expert, but I can say it's pretty easy. You can tell right away if you click. If you do, the conversation flows great, with little effort involved. If not, it'll be strained. My only blind date ever turned out great (still together). We get along well, and just clicked. I'm not good at small talk either, but this time I was.....thanks again Christy :yay:

mainman

Set Trippin
Go on and on and on about yourself, your date will love it. Don't let your date get a word in edgewise. They love that too.

OH, big one here, make sure you constantly talk about your past lovers, they eat that sh!t up...

You are welcome btw... :smile:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by czygvtwkr
Don't follow the old female tendancy - " I wanna talk about me!" Just relax listen, and follow his lead.

Talk about yourself when appropriate but no heart wrenching stories about love gone wrong etc...

Laugh, smile and take it light! If you freak yourself out before hand, you'll just come off stressed!

My job requires lots and lots of meetings. I never rehearse beforehand. Just relax... Best advice I have.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by mainman
Go on and on and on about yourself, your date will love it. Don't let your date get a word in edgewise. They love that too.

OH, big one here, make sure you constantly talk about your past lovers, they eat that sh!t up...

You are welcome btw... :smile:
OMG! Such great minds! To bad we're both so frigging hard headed! :biggrin:

Pete

Repete
Just be yourself. If it gets awkward just sigh and say "Enough of this silly small talk, lets go bang like wild animals. It is a sure fire attention getter.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ask questions. "So, tell me about your work?" "Who ya voting for in the next election?"

You can tell a lot about a person by their answers AND you can tell a lot if they don't want to talk about it. For example, if you ask her about her job and she says it sucks or just isn't interested in her career, ditch her - she's just looking for a meal ticket so she can sit home and eat bon bons.

If you ask her about politics and she says she thinks John Kerry's sexy... again, ditch her - she's an idiot.

Eventually she'll start talking about something she IS passionate about - and if it's something other than what's on TV, you ask for a second date. Unless she's passionate about getting government funding for her art exhibit "Feces Floating on a Bed of Christians" - if so, ditch her.

C

czygvtwkr

Hmmm should I go for the impressive 30 second long belch, or the really flappy fart to impress her?

K

Kain99

Originally posted by mainman
Ya think? Not here, they woudn't do that here... :roflmao: :high5:

:love:
Here? Never! Hey didja get to talk to :gossip: before he took Little :gossip: to the :gossip: ?

Not that I'm worried about it at all.... I mean I could care less... Not in the least bit stressed... Just making conversation that's all. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Kain99
Here? Never! Hey didja get to talk to :gossip: before he took Little :gossip: to the Game?

Not that I'm worried about it at all.... I mean I could care less... Not in the least bit stressed... Just making conversation that's all. :wink:
No, :gossip: was already gone, and :gossi: is not coming back he is going to :gossip: tonight... :smile:

mainman

Set Trippin
If you want to take a road trip, I have a better idea of where you can drive too... I will PM directions...:biggrin: