• H-D

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Honda

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Kawasaki

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Too many stupid drivers here to even think about driving a motorcycle!!!

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Voter2002
What's your flavor of two-wheelers?

H-D?

Honda?

Kawasaki?

...and why?

I own a Kawasaki but only because I can't afford a Harley yet.
And the reason I'm a Harley guy is because the Harley is about as completely muscle-bike as you can get. It's an extension of one's manhood. :biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I thought we would hear from some who would never buy a Japanese bike because of Pearl Harbor.

I look at it this way: We found the man responsible for Pearl Harbor and made him pay the ultimate price for his crime: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tojo_Hideki

He then was tried by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East for war crimes. He was found guilty of count 1 (waging wars of aggression, and war or wars in violation of international law), count 27 (waging unprovoked war against China), count 29 (waging aggressive war against the United States), count 31 (waging aggressive war against the British Commonwealth), count 32 (waging aggressive war against the Netherlands), count 33 (waging aggressive war against France (Indochina)), and count 54 (ordering, authorizing, and permitting inhumane treatment of Prisoners of War (POWs) and others). He was sentenced to death on November 12, 1948 and executed by hanging.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Tonio
I thought we would hear from some who would never buy a Japanese bike because of Pearl Harbor.

Far as I'm concerned, many Japanese products are higher quality than American products. I don't know if it's the workers, the engineers, or the design processes (although I've heard that the Japanese have an obsession over quality), but I'm all for free trade and free enterprise.

If someone offers me a better product at the same or lower price, I give a rat's azz, in most cases, who built it.

That being said, I think Harley-Davidson is still the number one motorcycle maker out there in terms of design, quality, and look, and although the prices are higher than most of your other makes of bikes, the leap of quality increase you get with buying a Harley is worth the extra money...

Now if I just had it... :frown:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Originally posted by sleuth14
The reason I'm a Harley guy is because it's an extension of one's manhood. :biggrin:

I've owned 3 Kawasakis 1 Yamaha and my current bike is my second Honda.
Never felt the need, nor has it been requested, for me to buy an "Extension" for my manhood.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Originally posted by sleuth14
Far as I'm concerned, many Japanese products are higher quality than American products. ........If someone offers me a better product at the same or lower price, I give a rat's azz, in most cases, who built it......
That being said, I think Harley-Davidson is still the number one motorcycle maker out there in terms of design, quality, and look, and although the prices are higher than most of your other makes of bikes, the leap of quality increase you get with buying a Harley is worth the extra money...

:confused: Pick one dude.

Harley design and technology are state of the art, for 1960. Only modern bike they make is the V-Rod and it's engine was designed by Porsche.

p.s. My Honda was made in Ohio, why isn't it an American product?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by aps45819
I've owned 3 Kawasakis 1 Yamaha and my current bike is my second Honda.
Never felt the need, nor has it been requested, for me to buy an "Extension" for my manhood.

Me neither... but it sure makes the adrenaline pump... can't say the same for a rice-burner...

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by aps45819
:confused: Pick one dude.

Harley design and technology are state of the art, for 1960. Only modern bike they make is the V-Rod and it's engine was designed by Porsche.

p.s. My Honda was made in Ohio, why isn't it an American product?

V-Rod may be the first all-new modern design, but Harley's are not designed around a "state-of-the-art". They are designed to be a "Harley" and to make men emit grunts of pleasure like they do when they get to use power tools. :biggrin:

I didn't say your Honda wasn't made in America.

I'm just saying I don't care who makes the product, of any kind. If I feel it's the best product out there that meets my needs, desires, or expectations, and if the price is fair, that's the one I'm going for.

Doesn't matter if it's Japanese, American, Chinese, Taiwanese, Russian, or Swahilian... I honor quality above all other traits.

Vince

Current bike is an 86 Honda 1100. Want a Harley, but I can't afford one at the moment. Been reading alot of reviews on the Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500. Might get me one..........Next year.:biggrin:

Ponytail

I have a Harley, but would love to have that new ZX10R Ninja as a second bike. I will prolly stick with the Buell 1200R as the second ride. I'll let ya'll know in about a month. :wink:

dustin

UAIOE
I have a yamaha wr200 dirt and suzuki SV650 street. My dad has a honda CR125 dirt and a kawasloppy ZRX1200 street. My brother has a suzuki RM125 dirt. and my stepbrother has a kawasloppy KX85 dirt. (it runs in the family) :biggrin:

My next possible streetbike:

KTM RC8 :cool:

2004-ktm-rc8-01-zoom.jpg

F

fishn guy

Suzuki,
and if there is a harley guy out there who thinks his supposed manhood is extended let the Busa show him the light.
and smack it.