Free Tree Service

lturner1500

I have some fallen pine trees in my yard; I understand there are loggers out there who might be willing to haul them away for free. Does anyone know of such a service?

sockgirl77

I have some fallen pine trees in my yard; I understand there are loggers out there who might be willing to haul them away for free. Does anyone know of such a service?

Post this on Freecycle. I see people begging for firewood on there.

sockgirl77

There's too much hardwood available for people to want to burn pine unless they're just looking for free firewood and willing to do the work. :shrug:

I have no clue about firewood. I just see people asking for it constantly. I've yet to see any of them post about cutting it though. I even saw one chick post (over and over) about not having a car and asking if someone could bring it to her.

Vince

I have no clue about firewood. I just see people asking for it constantly. I've yet to see any of them post about cutting it though. I even saw one chick post (over and over) about not having a car and asking if someone could bring it to her.
Pine builds up a lot of creasote in your chimney and you have more of a danger of chimney fires.

bcp

In My Opinion
Pine builds up a lot of creasote in your chimney and you have more of a danger of chimney fires.

if you have oak logs in the fire, you can get away with tossing a pine log in with them. Pine by itself just does not burn hot enough.

lturner1500

Hi GaryT27,
I can't find "Bishop's Tree Service" anywhere on the web. Do you happen to have a phone number? I'm in Leonardtown (t Mary's County). Where are they?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I still have these here if anyone wants them.
Nice oak, been drying for over a year.

Attachments

• Oak1.jpg
    Oak1.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Oak2.jpg
    Oak2.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Oak3.jpg
    Oak3.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 88

cricketmd

:yeahthat:

If anyone has a splitter and willing to ventuer my way and split up a bunch of hard wood that I already have cut up, they are welcome to have half of it for free. Seems fair, it just needs to be put on a splitter. I cant do it all on my own. I'm willing to split the wood with someone that can help split it up. :yay: pm me if anyone is interested! :buddies: