Local rector fired by diocese...

SoMDpirate

:gossip:

Troubled times for St. Georges Episcopal Church in Valley Lee...the rector of the church, Reverend Christopher Halliday, was relieved of duties as rector of the church and will be headed back overseas never again being able to lead a congregation in the USA (Mr. Halliday is from England/Ireland & was here on a green card). It seems that Mr. Halliday "violated his sacred vows" and had an affair with someone over in England while he was there recently. And, it came out that this is not the first time it has happened in his marriage. So, the Bishop of the Washington Diocese took swift action and gave him the boot!

Rev'd Halliday's wife is also a priest and is the rector for St. Andrews Episcopal on St. Andrews Church Rd. She took a temporary leave of absence (understandable).

Pray for this congrgation as they will need all the prayers and help they can get to get them through this event.

soul4sale

damn

Rev. Halliday, the missus, conducted our marriage ceremony. Sad to see them go. Got a source on this?

K

Kain99

I knew him too.... I thought he was the biggest blooming azzhole I ever knew. Glad to hear about his misfortune.

Last edited by a moderator:

valentino

I would not really call this misfortune, but more of a sign of things to come. It has always amazed me how people just accept things that people in the church do like it is okay because they repented or asked for forgiveness. I do not know this man, his family or his congregation, but it makes no sense to me to even show concern for a people that will just go on believing whatever they are told, no matter how little sense it makes.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Originally posted by SoMDpirate
:gossip:

Troubled times for St. Georges Episcopal Church in Valley Lee...the rector of the church, Reverend Christopher Halliday, was relieved of duties as rector of the church and will be headed back overseas never again being able to lead a congregation in the USA (Mr. Halliday is from England/Ireland & was here on a green card). It seems that Mr. Halliday "violated his sacred vows" and had an affair with someone over in England while he was there recently. And, it came out that this is not the first time it has happened in his marriage. So, the Bishop of the Washington Diocese took swift action and gave him the boot!

Rev'd Halliday's wife is also a priest and is the rector for St. Andrews Episcopal on St. Andrews Church Rd. She took a temporary leave of absence (understandable).

Pray for this congrgation as they will need all the prayers and help they can get to get them through this event.
Are you sure the Bishop of the Diocese of Washington gave him the boot? The Diocese is a R.C. Entity, not Episcopalian.

Aimhigh2000

A Cheating Priest?

Wow, with all this talk of the sanctity of marriage, if hetero priests can't keep it zipped, why then all the fuss over gay marriage? Seems like if the cloth can't keep their own vows, then why prevent people who really love each other from getting married.

Not a sermon, just a thought

lkt

curly-locks
Chasey_Lane said:
Are you sure the Bishop of the Diocese of Washington gave him the boot? The Diocese is a R.C. Entity, not Episcopalian.

There is also a seperate Episcopalian Diocese & bishop for washington as well as the RC entity

it was the bishop... st george's is my parish.

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Aimhigh2000 said:
Wow, with all this talk of the sanctity of marriage, if hetero priests can't keep it zipped, why then all the fuss over gay marriage? Seems like if the cloth can't keep their own vows, then why prevent people who really love each other from getting married.

Not a sermon, just a thought
Some popes had women on the side. Ministers, priests, nuns, and other religious figures are all just human. I'm not excusing the problem. I just saying that they are subject to the same temptations that we all are.

As for the homosexual thing, it is sin according to the Bible, but that discussion has been had before. My views haven't changed.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
valentino said:
I would not really call this misfortune, but more of a sign of things to come. It has always amazed me how people just accept things that people in the church do like it is okay because they repented or asked for forgiveness. I do not know this man, his family or his congregation, but it makes no sense to me to even show concern for a people that will just go on believing whatever they are told, no matter how little sense it makes.

:rolleyes: