Speaker Probs

D

darkriver4362

Ok...I got 4 of these Alpine speakers, I've had them in for about ummm 5 months. Yesterday....I had some song on, and every once in a while there's this weird pop noise in the 2 back ones. It sounds more like an electrical noise than a blown speaker. I checked the connections to the speakers, everything checks out...Anyone know wtf is causing this??????

Angel

~*~*~
Originally posted by darkriver4362
Ok...I got 4 of these Alpine speakers, I've had them in for about ummm 5 months. Yesterday....I had some song on, and every once in a while there's this weird pop noise in the 2 back ones. It sounds more like an electrical noise than a blown speaker. I checked the connections to the speakers, everything checks out...Anyone know wtf is causing this??????
sounds like you blew em to me... have you checked all the wiring? i mean not just the connections to the speakers? or maybe it's just bad wiring... do you have an amplifier? i know very little, but enough because the ex was heavy into car stereo systems and always made sure i had a nice system....

Last edited:

dustin

UAIOE
You could have loose connections behind the head unit. And whenever you hit a bump it could jar the connection. See if the "pop" occurs over some bumps.

So find a dead seagull and run over it a few times with the speaks blastin' :lol:

D

darkriver4362

Thanks Angel and Dustin.

I unhooked the sub and I think that was it. Gonna ride around a bit tommorow and see if the bumps do it.

Dustin is now on the seagull bandwagon lol

Thanks again guys

D

darkriver4362

Originally posted by Nickel
seagull.gif

0a7d1190.jpg

BuddyLee

Football addict
:killingme I laughed my ass off thru that movie.

Me too. Meow what were you saying in that other thread because it sounded like you were saying meow. Meow dont mess with me. Thats the law meow. Does'nt feel so great meow does it.

MEOW

D

darkriver4362

Originally posted by BuddyLee
Me too. Meow what were you saying in that other thread because it sounded like you were saying meow. Meow dont mess with me. Thats the law meow. Does'nt feel so great meow does it.

MEOW

I love the beginning...Lol where the cop dressed up as the rocker goes insane too. Freaks the weed heads out lol.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I love the beginning...Lol where the cop dressed up as the rocker goes insane too. Freaks the weed heads out lol.

lmao that is pretty funny.:yay:

D

darkriver4362

Ok got everything fixed.

Something was wrong with the old sub making that annoying popping noise.

Replaced it with a JLAudio WO 12", not bad at all for a single 12.

My bro took the old sub and hooked it up to his home cd player:rolleyes: Neighbors are going to love him now.

dustin

UAIOE
Ok got everything fixed.

Something was wrong with the old sub making that annoying popping noise.

Replaced it with a JLAudio WO 12", not bad at all for a single 12.

My bro took the old sub and hooked it up to his home cd player:rolleyes: Neighbors are going to love him now.

Glad you got it fixed dude :yay:

But aren't car speakers a different resistance than home speakers? Like 8 ohms vices 4 ohms? Or something like that? Your bro might need to say a prayer for his receiver...

D

darkriver4362

Originally posted by dustin
Glad you got it fixed dude :yay:

But aren't car speakers a different resistance than home speakers? Like 8 ohms vices 4 ohms? Or something like that? Your bro might need to say a prayer for his receiver...

Dunno about the resistance, he is the type that you can't tell anything:rolleyes: