Striper season

Scorpion61

Is anyone doing well on the stripers yet this season? Me and my boat are new to the area and I could use some advice.

Scorpion61

Thanks, thats what I've been hearing from everyone. Last weekend was GREAT for Rockfish. How long do they stay?...the big ones I mean.

Scorpion61

Thanks folks. I'll be after them this weekend for sure. Umbrella rigs and parachutes right? Troll shallow about 2.5 - 3.5 mph this time of year?
Bait shop advice....You all agree?

Jameo

What?!
Originally posted by Scorpion61
Now all I need is a pretty girl that likes to fish....lol.

I could probably teach u a thing or two about fishing :really: But, don't think the b/f would like that to much :wink:

Thanks folks. I'll be after them this weekend for sure. Umbrella rigs and parachutes right? Troll shallow about 2.5 - 3.5 mph this time of year?

Not to sure the shallow part. Run your lines at all different depth and troll all over deep & shallow water til u find them. Everything else is right on!

Good Luck :cheers:

We were running umbrellas with 12 oz. weights and both green & white shads. Caught on both deep lines and top lines. We were trolling straight out from the mouth of the river to the middle of the shipping channel and back. Bay will be busy this weekend with the Rod-N-Reel tourny. Keep any eye out for boats running planer boards.

SeaRide

While the water temp is cold, the rocks kinda stay in a group and work together so look for birds out there. I would try work around the channel mouth and wherever the rocks likes to run around (dropoffs, rocks, structures). I would do the trolling method for now.

Scorpion61

If you are talking about the mouth of the Patomac, thats a long run for me. I'm in at Deale MD. No trailer. They were catching them like crazy up here last weekend too.

If you are talking about the mouth of the Patomac, thats a long run for me. I'm in at Deale MD. No trailer. They were catching them like crazy up here last weekend too.
Nope, not the Potomac, the Patuxent. We went on a charter w/ Capt. Shea out of Solomons.

Scorpion61

Originally posted by Jameo
I could probably teach u a thing or two about fishing :really: But, don't think the b/f would like that to much :wink:

Not to sure the shallow part. Run your lines at all different depth and troll all over deep & shallow water til u find them. Everything else is right on!

Good Luck :cheers:

I dont kiss and tell...haha:gossip:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Is anyone doing well on the stripers yet this season? Me and my boat are new to the area and I could use some advice.

I had a stripper online... but she fell off the hook last weekend. :frown:

K

Kizzy

Re: Re: Re: Striper season

sounds like we have the same type of problem...hehe

:tap: You didn't answer my PM question. :lol: Anyway if the answer is yes, check your e-mail.

K

Kain99

Wash your hands after touching those nasty, Mycobacteriosis infected fish! Get one with lesions throw it back and use clorox! :wink: