Disgusting waste.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
$1.5 BILLION from a state that is broke and going bankrupt. UFB these democrats are.

Toxick

Splat
A waste of taxpayer money...just to create a future ecological mess and unsustainable offshore junkpile.

Because its "politically popular" in some quarters.

Good grief.

One Step Closer to Offshore Wind Farms in Md. - Southern Maryland Headline News

I think it's great that people are looking for alternate sources of energy. Because let's face it, coal and oil... they're finite resources and they're going to get more and more expensive the closer to the bottom of the well we get. So to find a cheap renewable source of energy - while maybe not the top priority - is a good thing.

Here's what makes me sick in my stomach.

which would provide $1.5 billion in taxpayer subsidies toward the construction of a wind power farm 10-30 miles

WTF? This sort of thing should stand or fall on its own merit. If the idea sucks, it will rightfully fail and get tossed onto the scrap-heap of history where GM belongs. And if this is a successful idea, then the people running the show stand to make BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of dollars. So why am I paying for this #### now, with the looming possibility of me paying for it later just to keep my refrigerator cold?

#### that. And while we're at it, #### you Martin O'Malley. The end of your administration cannot get here soon enough.

MMDad

Lem Putt
WTF? This sort of thing should stand or fall on its own merit.

But without the investment how will we ever develop this brand new technology? I mean, it's not like other mature technology that people have been using for millenia or anything.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
And an immediate hazard to aviation, wind farms screw with surveillance radars lke nothing else.

Who would ever think that big reflectors spinning at variable speeds and changing orientation might actually cause problems. Makes me wonder if they are going to put $100 million into a victim compensation fund for the inevitable problems this will cause.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Then I can complain about the next a-hole that gets elected here.

What if I am the next a hole and I ban complaining or, at the very least, require finger prints and a background check before deciding if you are permitted to complain? What then, huh?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
how about a 'Tidal Generator'

:shrug:

Where there are significant tidal shifts (like 30 feet) those have proven feasible technically, but as with all of the rest of this alternative energy technology, hydro-electric excepting, the economics and the scaling difficulties are both huge impediments.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Where there are significant tidal shifts (like 30 feet) those have proven feasible technically, but as with all of the rest of this alternative energy technology, hydro-electric excepting, the economics and the scaling difficulties are both huge impediments.

As I understand it, Solyndra is getting funding to set one up.

In Death Valley.