anyone watch 10.5?

S

starr

Is it just me or did it seem like they gave a little kid the camera while taping this. It's like every two seconds they were zooming in and not the normal way but the your hitting the button way to hard way. I found it to be like watching a home video. It wasn't as bad as Blair Witch.

nomoney

some of it was cool. but there were so many wtf's??? Like when the father and daughter found that a whole town had been swallowed up??? WTF??? a town of over 2 thousand people; and they are the only ones aware of this:confused:

S

starr

Originally posted by nomoney
some of it was cool. but there were so many wtf's??? Like when the father and daughter found that a whole town had been swallowed up??? WTF??? a town of over 2 thousand people; and they are the only ones aware of this:confused:

I thought the same thing. I guess none of those people had family anywhere else right....

Jameo

What?!

And WTF was with the train & the tracks? Why was that the only thing disappearing? what about everything else around it?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Jameo
And WTF was with the train & the tracks? Why was that the only thing disappearing? what about everything else around it?
Because they built the tracks on a fault line.

It's Hollyweird folk and this has not much to do with reality, but at least tonight we get to watch it all go away. One can only hope.
some of it was cool. but there were so many wtf's??? Like when the father and daughter found that a whole town had been swallowed up??? WTF??? a town of over 2 thousand people; and they are the only ones aware of this
Lets see phone lines out, cell towers down, roads disrupted, (remember they went 4 wheeling through the woods to find the road that led to the town). It was mentioned later in the show that the town was out of contact.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by huntr1
You know that if this were to really happen, it would all be George W.'s fault, right?
Of course, all the urban areas gone so the electoral votes would be based mostly on the rural make up of the remainder of the state. Would make Florida and their ability to not vote correctly so unimportant. :killingme

nomoney

Originally posted by Ken King

Lets see phone lines out, cell towers down, roads disrupted, (remember they went 4 wheeling through the woods to find the road that led to the town). It was mentioned later in the show that the town was out of contact.

ok then smarty pants...then explain how the family at the rest stop made it there first and when the father cleared off the windshield to see them dead inside the daughter knew it was them even though she was "in the truck" waiting the whole time:rolleyes:

Of course, all the urban areas gone so the electoral votes would be based mostly on the rural make up of the remainder of the state. Would make Florida and their ability to not vote correctly so unimportant. :killingme
Basically my first thought when I saw the first commercial. We are soooo bad.

Ken King

PREMO Member
ok then smarty pants...then explain how the family at the rest stop made it there first and when the father cleared off the windshield to see them dead inside the daughter knew it was them even though she was "in the truck" waiting the whole time:rolleyes:
If you would actually try reading a post you would see that I said it has nothing to do with reality, it's Hollyweird. If you were looking for abnormalities why didn't you ask how the girl that didn't see the people know that they were the ones from the rest stop?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by kwillia
oooooh you are sooo gonna be invited to the lake...:popcorn:
I have never invited anyone to the lake, I was invited, showed up and they weren't there. Get it right.

nomoney

If you would actually try reading a post you would see that I said it has nothing to do with reality, it's Hollyweird. If you were looking for abnormalities why didn't you ask how the girl that didn't see the people know that they were the ones from the rest stop?

I did......geez; and here you are talking about trying to read the whole post.....:rolleyes:

nomoney

ok then smarty pants...then explain how the family at the rest stop made it there first and when the father cleared off the windshield to see them dead inside the daughter knew it was them even though she was "in the truck" waiting the whole time:rolleyes: [/B]

geez people are you blind?:rolleyes:

Ken King

PREMO Member
geez people are you blind?:rolleyes:
Yeah I missed it and at least admit as much, but what you missed was that she never did get back in the truck until they left and the idiot dad drove into what became the pit.

Why don't you go digging for pennies.

nomoney

Yeah I missed it and at least admit as much, but what you missed was that she never did get back in the truck until they left and the idiot dad drove into what became the pit.

Why don't you go digging for pennies.

ha! I had to cash in all my pennies last week for toilet paper money........so there! :neener:

Toxick

Splat
I was going to watch it...

I wanted to watch this movie - but then I found out it was a two-parter, and the second part was up against the Swan.

And I don't care if it makes me ghey - I can't miss an episode of The Swan

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Ok, I can kinda see the train being built on a fault line. It would be a naturally flat area, but for the crack to open only as wide as the tracks I find questionable and the thing that really got me is it stopped as soon as it swallowed the train. :rolleyes: Kinda like the water stopping at their feet at the end. They didn't even get wet. :rolleyes:

I think they made it cheesy on purpose. I think in the modern world of PC and feel good crap, they didn't want anyone to believe this could actually happen. They didn't want to scare anyone. And did anyone notice that not a single main character died. The only people with speaking roles who died were the family at the rest stop and the governor's aide. Afterall, they couldn't leave out that dying speech..."Tell Jimmy I love him" in a nice strong voice, just before she keels.

Nothing like the disaster movies of the 70s and 80s.:boo:

The movie was alright, the ending kinda sucked alot. It just all of the sudden ended and you were like wtf? The whole train track issue I didn't understand that, the crack was only following the train and thats it. And the guy who did the whole nuke thing, Mr. Marlow or something was cheesy.

Ken King

PREMO Member
The train, from what I saw, was drug back into the hole once the rear cars started falling, but as you said it was cheesy, after all Beau Bridges was in it.

And I doubt if you would ever get a FEMA director down a hole like that and dealing with nukes. It was standard Hollywierd melodrama.

It looks to me that they have left it open for a sequel with the formation of the new island. I guess they could always call the island "Lost Angeles".