More "Do as I Say, Not as I Do" From The Dems

B

Bruzilla

September 10, 2002
DNC Chairman Terry McAuliffe Statement on VP Cheney's September 11th Interview with Rush Limbaugh

"Tomorrow, Americans will stand together as we observe the first anniversary of the tragic terrorist attacks on our country. It should be a day of unity in honor of the memory of the thousands of Americans we lost just a year ago. It should be a day free from partisanship and divisiveness.

"Unfortunately, Vice President Cheney has chosen to do an interview on September 11th with one of the most partisan and divisive figures in American politics, Rush Limbaugh.

"September 11th isn't a day for politics, it belongs to all Americans. Vice President Cheney cheapens the day when he appears with an irresponsible and divisive figure like Rush Limbaugh. All Americans have the right to expect more from Vice President Cheney on this sacred day. I urge him to reconsider this misguided interview."

"Vice President Cheney cheapens the day when he appears with an irresponsible and divisive figure like Rush Limbaugh?" Gee Terry, what better way to show togetherness and unity than to banty about words like these. Nope... there's not a shred of partisanship and divisiveness in that comment at all.
:razz2:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm sure if it had been Sam Donaldson, Michael Kinsley or Bill Press it would have been hunky-dorey!

B

Bruzilla

Here's another one...

September 7, 2002
Congressman José Serrano Delivers the Weekly Hispanic Radio Address on September 11

"Good morning. I am Congressman José Serrano of New York.

"Last year at this time, we suffered one of the most painful days in our nation's history. The horrible images of September 11th will remain in our memories forever. The disgust and rage we all felt are justifiable. Still, our nation reacted with grace and courage.

"Nonetheless, history will judge us not only by our first reaction, but also by how we now choose to defend our homeland. We need to hunt down the terrorists and prevent future attacks. But as we go after the bad guys we must be careful not to trample on the good guys.

"As we continue to defend against terrorism, we must be cautious because the strength of our nation comes from its dedication to liberty and justice.

"Since September 11th, the rights of many have been compromised by several counter-terrorism actions. The President has given us positive rhetoric about tolerance and the need for understanding, but since then the negative measures against Americans, both new and old, have created fear and concern in the immigrant community and beyond.

"Over the last several months, our government has begun secret detentions, prevented accesses to the detainees by their families, lawyers and journalists, called for military tribunals, proposed to expand local and state police authority to enforce civil immigration laws and declared that all non-citizens must inform the government whenever they move.

"This has placed us all in an uncomfortable and fearful situation and has eroded some of our strength as a free and welcoming nation.

"There will always be tension in a free and open society between national security and personal liberties. But we must strike the proper balance, and we must be wary of efforts to shifting that balance. It is essential that we secure our nation. Yet, it is not true that the price of such security must be our liberty. We must remember that we seek security, not solely for its own purpose, but to preserve our liberties.

"As Americans, both new and old, we must remember that with awesome power comes awesome responsibility. We must apply internal controls over the agencies fighting terrorism to protect our civil rights. We must develop a means to assure the American people that the government is using its power responsibly to guarantee both our security and our freedom.

"I am Congressman José Serrano. Thank you for your attention."

demsformd

So are the Republicans suggesting that only they can partake in the partisanship? Metaphorically, this is a debate of one person arguing and the other person arguing with that person to stop arguing. So do you feel that the Democrats should just lie down and take the Republican partisanship? We won't take it.

B

Bruzilla

demsformed, please engage brain before starting fingers. :hohum:

DNC Chairman Terry McAuliffe's saintly position was that now is a time for coming together and that we shouldn't be engaging in partisanship, then he turns right around, in the same statement, and starts a lot of partisan mud slinging. He said that he doesn't think that Cheney should be badmouthing Dems but he himself has no problem with badmouthing conservatives. Then Congressman José Serrano writes a Hispanic Radio Address that is delivered on 9/11 and offers lots of partisan rhetoric.

If McAuliffe's was sincere he could have just said that 9/11 wasn't the day for any member of the government to be out doing anything but remembering those that were lost and leave it at that. By going out and attacking Limbaugh and Cheney he did exactly what he was saying Cheney shouldn't' do. He also should have called for Serrano to not engage in such garbage either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by Bruzilla

If McAuliffe's was sincere he could have just said that 9/11 wasn't the day for any member of the government to be out doing anything but remembering those that were lost and leave it at that. By going out and attacking Limbaugh and Cheney he did exactly what he was saying Cheney shouldn't' do. He also should have called for Serrano to not engage in such garbage either. [/B]

This is part of the problem those on the left don't seem to recognize - they don't see their views as being to the left, in opposition to those on the right - a kind of political balance. No, they use terms like "mainstream" to suggest that there are two arenas of political views - 'mainstream' and those wackos off to the right.

McAuliffe has never had an ounce of credibility with me. Wasn't there some thing in the news recently about a statement he made about Republicans and fighting Satan? Wasn't that Terry?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Frank
... McAuliffe has never had an ounce of credibility with me. Wasn't there some thing in the news recently about a statement he made about Republicans and fighting Satan? Wasn't that Terry?
I thought Republicans were already fighting Satan (Democrats)

:biggrin:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by Kyle
I thought Republicans were already fighting Satan (Democrats)

:biggrin:

No, he was calling Governor Rowland the Prince of Darkness. He's a nut.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Frank

No, he was calling Governor Rowland the Prince of Darkness. He's a nut.
J/K ... I read about it.
McAuliffe also has his head in the block with the Global Crossing payoff he recieved.

jimmy

Drunkard
That whole diatribe by McAullife is pretty shameful. Doing what he's accusing the VP of doing in the same exact breath...trying to point out political folly and making one of his own...

This is just more politicrap from these people...I don't think this is a left or right tactic as I'm sure it'd come from the other side as well...polititians just suck @$$ on both sides of the rope...