General Election Picks

demsformd

Now that the parties have picked their nominees, who do you think the electorate will vote for? Here are my picks and I will back them up later.

Governor: Townsend, but I am flexible. Her cousin's loss for the congressional nomination in Montgomery plus the 20 percent that her no-name challenger got cast a large shadow over her election chances. (This is just wishful thinking, I think.)
State House 29 District: Roy Dyson will beat that pitful woman Mrs. Thompson. Boy can I tell you stories about her.
St. Mary's Commissioners
President: Tommy McKay. I love Julie Randall and she is distantly related to me but she either has to put some dead people on the rolls or she will lose big.
1st District: Joe Anderson. He is the most intelligent member on the current board and despite what the people in this forum say about him, I feel that he is gonna win. Kenny Dement's comments like "I don't have a complete answer at this time," will ultimately lead to his demise. After all, how many times has he run?
2nd District: Tommy Mattingly. Mattinglys do not lose elections in St. Mary's county.
3rd District: Marcel Brooks. The Republicans shot themselves in the foot when they nominated Larry Jarboe. I was working the polls when he put up his "Republican Notice." This negative campaign style will lead to his demise. If Guazzo was put forward, she would have coasted to victory.
4th District: Dan Raley. Raleys do not lose elections.

demsformd

I forgot to mention my prediction for sheriff. I think that Dave Zylak will win over Mickey Bailey based on the fact that Zylak has more money (that didn't seem to matter in Bailey's race though) and that Zylak seems to hold more respect from the sheriff's department.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's a little early yet but I'll play:

Governor: Bob Ehrlich, hands down. Townsend's numbers weren't there in the primary.

Commissioners:

Prez: Tommy McKay, but it's gonna be close.

1st: Kenny Dement, but, again, a close race.

2nd: Joe Gass - he's a tough guy and it's gonna be difficult for Mattingly to campaign against him.

3rd: Larry Jarboe, big time - he has the best bi-partisan support.

4th: Dan Raley, but I feel sorry for him having to campaign against Vernon Gray.

State Senate: Roy Dyson in a walkaway - Barbara might as well not even show up.

House of Reps: Steny, of course

House of Delegates 29B: John Bohanan - he's a shaker but Joe Dick is pretty well known in-county. We'll see...

Sheriff: Tough pick but I'll go with Dave Zylak by a slim margin.

I did pretty good with my primary picks so we'll see.

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
McKay, Jarboe, Anderson, Raley & Mattingly for commissioners.

Zylak for sheriff.

Fritz in a close one over Cecil.

Ehrlich for governor.

The rest are pretty much gimmes.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Not to worry... KKT will get her "over the top" numbers when the metabolically challenged swing their historical support her way!!! :biggrin:

wildcat

"House of Delegates 29B: John Bohanan - he's a shaker but Joe Dick is pretty well known in-county. We'll see..." - vrail

I have seen Joe Dick speak and was impressed. I think he needs to run a little harder, though. He was recruited to run for the position by the Republican Party. Hopefully, he makes a big effort and upsets Bo.